32-pin PCM connector: Where can I get a new one?

JoshNZ

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
My no start issue turned out to be the ignition coil driver signal not making it from the PCM to the coil.
A PO has had hacked at the PCM connector and their "repair" failed. I've repaired it again, but not much better.

Will I be able to find a complete PCM connector? and the pins to go with it? I'm going to repair/repin the whole thing. If so, whats the best source?

Otherwise I'll find an XJ in a junkyard and snip the pigtail out of that

32 Pin.jpg

Reactions: Wranglerfix
The only source I could come up with would be as you posted "Auto Recycler".
I checked on several Mopar websites and the electrical harness replacements have been discontinued.
I would be curious IF another member has a source ; since I am sure there are other members in need of replacement connectors.
I am missing a black cover for one of the PCM harness connectors and haven't located a source. There only a couple Auto Recyclers that have Jeep parts in my area and haven't had any luck finding one.

Reactions: JoshNZ
I posted in another group which suggested Ballinger motorsports. The seem to have the connector itself, just the pins, or a complete pigtail.
However, listed for a Powerstroke, so may not be quite right. And it was like $150 , which is to be expected.

I’ll be off to pick-a-part. For $10 can snip myself a connector. I’m assuming the connector is the same for XJ and WJs, which will be much easier to find.

My no start issue turned out to be the ignition coil driver signal not making it from the PCM to the coil.
A PO has had hacked at the PCM connector and their "repair" failed. I've repaired it again, but not much better.

Will I be able to find a complete PCM connector? and the pins to go with it? I'm going to repair/repin the whole thing. If so, whats the best source?

View attachment 160999

I see in your profile that your TJ is a 1997.
Your 32 pin connector may be specific to the 97 and 98 model year TJs, the 97-99 XJs and the ZJs; doubt the connector will be the same on the WJs.
Your TJ has a distributor instead of distributorless ignition which is why I posted the Jeep models above.

Reactions: JoshNZ
Go onto car-part.com and put your year, make and model of the vehicle and it will populate a list of Wrecking yards across the country that have all types of connectors.

View attachment 160999

I can help you with your plugs. Send me a private message with your address and I will mail you a set.

Thanks,

Mark

Reactions: toximus