32RH shifter shaft seal removal tool

I did a writeup in the How To section for doing it "the hard way." The easy way involves removing the valve body, so you can decide if that's harder or easier.

That said, I ended up using some picks & screwdrivers to get the old seal out, and then a socket to drive the new one back in.

Looks like this. Chrysler 904,727,30rh, 32rh are all about the same.

1719256509347.png

https://www.amazon.com/SST-1031-Chr...ransmission/dp/B011SBJSHA/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Check out some old auto parts stores, the ones that have the plastic covered parts hanging in the back. I got one at Chiefton Auto Parts, Prince George BC for $7.00. Bet it had been there for 10 years or more, plastic was old yellow color.

I did a writeup in the How To section for doing it "the hard way." The easy way involves removing the valve body, so you can decide if that's harder or easier.

That said, I ended up using some picks & screwdrivers to get the old seal out, and then a socket to drive the new one back in.

I ended up following this guide and got the SSS replaced in January. It started leaking again in April so I'm going to have to get it replaced. I'm trying to decide whether to do it myself through the valve body, or take it to a shop. I got a quote from a shop to do it for $250 and that may be worth it.

Last edited: