32RH transmission help

bigwheel53

I recently bought a 1997 Wrangler with a 3spd trans. From 2nd to third gear it was slipping bad. I took the pan down and man that trans oil was like mud. I put a deeper pan on it that holds two more qts of oil and adjusted the bands and changed the oil 3 times in as many weeks. Now the fluid is a nice red and the trans shifts really great now..170thou miles on it..BUT..there is still a little hint of slippage from 2nd to 3rd. I tourqed the front band to 74" pounds and backed it out 2 1/4 turns.I also adjusted the bands inside the pan area when I had it down. Im thinking because the trans has so many miles of cource the clutches are going to be a little worn and the band might be worn also. My idea is to get back under there and turn the shaft in a 1/4 turn and see what happens..might do the trick no?? Any input on this would greatly be appreciated..thx guys...

Those were very tough tranny's .
Something to note :
The 32RH Was susceptible to water intake from the vent on top. I've had several friends drop there's and add an tube extention which came out on the firewall . This eliminated water getting into the transmission from deep water wheeling. Something to consider or watch the deep stuff.

Yeah wish i knew someone knowledgeable before i went dumping a pan full of fluid on my head. Lol
All tranny pan's should have a drain plug.