Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Interco TrXus

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dick Cepek Extreme Country

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Milestar Patagonia

Votes: 3 4.3%

• Total voters
'cause it's 5 for the price of 6 and there wasn't really anything I could find to justify that for me.
I'd still include the Goodyear MT/R in your list of tires we can vote on. No one is making you buy more of them than you need. It's one of the best/most damage-resistant tires available. I'm on my fourth set of them in nearly 20 years.

alright whiners, I added some more poll choices :ROFLMAO:

The poll was really intended for me to narrow it down from my short list, but now that I've ordered tires I guess the extra options can be for the greater good. Though I'm pretty sure the MTR is probably going to end up with the most votes eventually.

• Haha
Reactions: D M
The Falken MT is a great tire... Any time we have someone come back with tire issues (radial pull, etc) we switch them to the Falken's and it's a guaranteed fix.

Edit: I wish Yokohama had the X-MT in the 35x12.5x15 size...

Last edited:
I have been waiting for mtz for 3 months
They sent one 3 months ago,wth am I supposed to do with one lol
The only reason I bought the mtz is because I got an almost new spare for free,but as for as the tires go,I like the way they look,with they would hurry up and ship the rest!
7D9309E6-0561-4CDB-9CF8-2FDB5CF931F1.jpeg

Reactions: Kooper
I don't suppose you'll get many votes for it since it's a relatively new tire, but I put in a vote for the Kumho MT71.

I've been happy with them since I got a set of 33s. They balanced well and have stayed balanced. They're surprisingly quiet and well mannered on dry road. That's pretty much all we get in SoCal so I can't say what they're like in the wet. They've been reliable in the rocks and excellent in deep sand.

Not bad for a tire at that price point.

Reactions: freedom_in_4low
I don't suppose you'll get many votes for it since it's a relatively new tire, but I put in a vote for the Kumho MT71.

I've been happy with them since I got a set of 33s. They balanced well and have stayed balanced. They're surprisingly quiet and well mannered on dry road. That's pretty much all we get in SoCal so I can't say what they're like in the wet. They've been reliable in the rocks and excellent in deep sand.

Not bad for a tire at that price point.

good on you for trying something new. It looked intriguing to me, I just couldn't find anybody that had used them before you spoke up.

I've had Kumho tires on street vehicles before and was pleased.

Reactions: fuse
I had Goodyear MT/R but switched to Grabber x3 last summer and really loving them. Most the guys I wheel with all still have the MT/R and we all pretty much agree we think the x3 in our terrain might be better.

The need to really be aired down though. We find 12psi is like 15-17psi on a MT/R so I always go to at least 8psi now on the X3s or down to 6psi if I know I'm going to need it.

Reactions: JMT and Tldelaney
I'd still include the Goodyear MT/R in your list of tires we can vote on. No one is making you buy more of them than you need. It's one of the best/most damage-resistant tires available. I'm on my fourth set of them in nearly 20 years.
Are you talking about the original MT/R with the different tread pattern and compound? Because the Kevlar model has only been out since 09.

Got them mounted yesterday. Haven't gotten past 50mph and only have about 6 miles on them but so far so good.

IMG_20210529_125028-01.jpeg

I'm still taken aback every time I step out in the garage and see it sitting there...the tires look huge compared to what it had. And so much more aggressive. I used to think of the KO2 as one of the most aggressive AT tires out there, and almost an AT/MT hybrid, but seen side-by-side makes that notion laughable. (those are my six year olds hands, so keep that in mind if you're using them for scale) (You'll also see the aluminum rocker bases for my savvy sliders in the background, waiting to be installed over that black strip of flex seal after I take them Tuesday to get powdercoated).

IMG_20210529_133018-01.jpeg

With the move looming ahead in just over 2 more weeks, it's not looking like I'll get a chance to try them out on Colorado wheeling terrain until I come back late summer for my annual trip to Silverton/Lake City/Ouray. Meanwhile I guess I'll have to break them in on some stuff in Oklahoma.

My vote is definitely KM3s! They are a huge improvement over the KM2 for those that weren't pleased with those. BFG is owned by Michelin and all the design, R&D, and production is done in the USA.
I know some consider the look of a tire, but looks don't impact performance. The tread design along with the tread compound is what matters, and that must match the plys and other inner components.
We run KO2 on our TJ and KM3 on our JKU. Very pleased with both, especially the KM3 offroad.

Reactions: Tob
Got them mounted yesterday. Haven't gotten past 50mph and only have about 6 miles on them but so far so good.

View attachment 255918

I'm still taken aback every time I step out in the garage and see it sitting there...the tires look huge compared to what it had. And so much more aggressive. I used to think of the KO2 as one of the most aggressive AT tires out there, and almost an AT/MT hybrid, but seen side-by-side makes that notion laughable. (those are my six year olds hands, so keep that in mind if you're using them for scale) (You'll also see the aluminum rocker bases for my savvy sliders in the background, waiting to be installed over that black strip of flex seal after I take them Tuesday to get powdercoated).

View attachment 255919

With the move looming ahead in just over 2 more weeks, it's not looking like I'll get a chance to try them out on Colorado wheeling terrain until I come back late summer for my annual trip to Silverton/Lake City/Ouray. Meanwhile I guess I'll have to break them in on some stuff in Oklahoma.
Thats a nice looking tire. How much weight did they end up taking, and did the shop road force them?