35s on 4.56 42RLE

Not sure what there is to go wrong. It was a whole rear axle assembly. remove old axle, bolt on new one, bleed brakes , reattach driveshaft, fill with diff fluid, and go. Backed it out of garage about 100 feet, put in drive, it went clunk and there was metal on metal sounds. pulled back in garage and ran on jackstands to see if sound was coming from the pads/ rotors. so the new axle has less than a mile on it. I trailered it to a gear expert. He says the pinion bearing is shot?? I'm heading to the shop (400miles away) tomorrow to get picks and try to get my gear expert on the phone with ECGS. I don't anticipate a positive outcome. Infantile failure out of the crate.

Also, it was ECGS Dana 489. all the bells and whistles....

Not sure what there is to go wrong. It was a whole rear axle assembly. remove old axle, bolt on new one, bleed brakes , reattach driveshaft, fill with diff fluid, and go. Backed it out of garage about 100 feet, put in drive, it went clunk and there was metal on metal sounds. pulled back in garage and ran on jackstands to see if sound was coming from the pads/ rotors. so the new axle has less than a mile on it. I trailered it to a gear expert. He says the pinion bearing is shot?? I'm heading to the shop (400miles away) tomorrow to get picks and try to get my gear expert on the phone with ECGS. I don't anticipate a positive outcome. Infantile failure out of the crate.

Did you reuse the old driveshaft? You'll need a shorter one for the larger 489