4.0 rockers not lining up

JustDandee

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Doing a long distance assist with my son on a 4.0 in x J. Send me this picture of the rockers not lining up in the bridges being bent. Am I correct in saying that the bridges could be straightened and reused? I have a question why they’re bent to begin with, any ideas? His friend pulled the head off two months ago got a remanufactured tuppy head. So some time has passed since disassemblin.

1700960861144.jpeg

I think everything is loose, they haven’t tourqued anything down yet. sounds like the local o’reillys has bridges in stock. They are going to go grab those now.

Reactions: macleanflood
I have a question why they’re bent to begin with, any ideas?
It's pretty common to see them bent. It usually happens when loosening or tightening the rocker bolt. especially if you over torque them. You can straighten and reuse them as long as they aren't broken.
I would have cleaned them up and used some assembly lube on them prior to installing on a reman head.

Reactions: JustDandee
It's pretty common to see them bent. It usually happens when loosening or tightening the rocker bolt. especially if you over torque them. You can straighten and reuse them as long as they aren't broken.
I would have cleaned them up and used some assembly lube on them prior to installing on a reman head.

Good to know it’s not something more problematic , I would have cleaned them as well before reassembly too. Got an update text everything is looking lined up now with the new parts, they bought assembly lube and went back down the lifters getting them coated. Called it quits last night and midnight. it was down in the 20’s working outside so that says something about trying to get it done but todays is booked . it will sit for a couple more days before they can finish up

Reactions: macleanflood