4.0 Throttle Body R&R Help

ItchyDong

Easily Offended
Supporting Member
My gas pedal is sticking. I'll push in the clutch at a stop light to see/hear it stuck at 3K, snap the throttle and she'll fall to idle. That said, I've isolated it to the bushings in the butterfly valve. I can Band-Aid fix it for a few days by dousing it with WD, but it quickly comes back.

That said, NEW replacement throttle body's for '06 seem to be hard to find if I'm not looking to bolt on 100hp of instant power :rolleyes:. I can go the used route, but that brings up all the obvious risks. I can go the reman AutoZone route, but I'd rather skydive without a parachute.

I'm willing to purchase on of these stupid big bore TB's knowing that it will do absolutely nothing, so long as it's a quality product if that's what's needed. Any advice would be appreciated.

IMO, find a good used OEM throttle body off ebay. I've never heard of a throttle body on a TJ wearing out.

Reactions: Irun
IMO, find a good used OEM throttle body off ebay. I've never heard of a throttle body on a TJ wearing out.

Yeah. Either have I, but I certainly have one. I can disconnect both cables, slowly open the butterfly by hand and let go and it'll stay there without springing back. I seem to be lucky enough to have the first failed throttle body :ROFLMAO: