4.7 stroker in Denver area

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I want one, but it's not in the current budget.

Why do people use craigs list, where they can put dozens of photos and all the text they want for free, and then just put a couple of small pics and a line or two of text. Who built it? What year? The block looks different from my '05 (oil filter boss is missing).

The worst is when they're selling a whole vehicle, and they give one line of text, no details, and you have to contact them and ask 3 dozen questions.

Yeah, I want one, but it's not in the current budget.

Why do people use craigs list, where they can put dozens of photos and all the text they want for free, and then just put a couple of small pics and a line or two of text. Who built it? What year? The block looks different from my '05 (oil filter boss is missing).

The worst is when they're selling a whole vehicle, and they give one line of text, no details, and you have to contact them and ask 3 dozen questions.
I agree, but have found good deals from bad pics and descriptions in ads. This may be a really nice Golem build, or it might be a turd.

I agree, but have found good deals from bad pics and descriptions in ads. This may be a really nice Golem build, or it might be a turd.
Sure, I've found good deals from lousy ads too. I just can't figure out why people use the free service like they're paying by the word.

• Haha
Reactions: JMT
If I was ready for it I'd be all over this, but my wife won't buy the "but it's a great deal" reason again.
You need to keep a secret "jeep parts fund." I used to have one, but my wife's sense of smell is better than a blood hounds.
She can smell money three towns away.

I bought the Wrangler, and sold my pickup to pay for part of it. Then I let my wife buy a car costing 1/3 more than the Wrangler. So there is a bit of a psychological buffer built in when I want to spend $500 here or $1K there. But I'm afraid I'll run out of buffer long before I run out of mods to do.

Makes me wonder why it was pulled? Maybe a part out but maybe not? $2500 is an expensive core
Yeah, it's hard to pony up that kind of $$ for something you don't get to hear running.
IF it's legit, it's a decent deal.

Reactions: P man
So, you don't think that a 4.6 stroker is a viable option for a lifted tj?
I think most people that want more power have a specific feel they're going after. A stroker is a half measure, not everyone is happy with half measures and likely realize once they have a stroker they wish they just ponied up for a V8.

I think most people that want more power have a specific feel they're going after. A stroker is a half measure, not everyone is happy with half measures and likely realize once they have a stroker they wish they just ponied up for a V8.
For me I had a target HP in mind and a stroker wouldn’t get me there.

Reactions: P man
I was just curious about blaines statement because a stroker has been on my to do list for a while. I have the block and a ported head. Unfortunately, every time I get ready to call Russ, life gets in the way.
Ideally, I would love to drop in a V-8, but I don't have the space or time to do it. I would be the oddball out because I want to do a Ford 5.0.

Reactions: rasband
That really isn't what I said. You missed the big tires part and lots of hills.
I saw the big tire and hill part also. I was just condensing things down a bit. Do you consider 35's as big tires, or are you refering to 37's and up? And yes there are hills where I'm at.

Status
Not open for further replies.