4 inch lift suggestions

Woolybuger11

Im trying to build a good 4 inch lift that will last and offroad very well plus ride on road well. I drive to offroad parks around me and jeep jamboree's. So far on my list I have. Curry 4 inch springs, Rancho 9000xl shocks, jks adjustable track bars front and back. Bumpstop extensions front and back jks quick disconnects. What else guys and gals. Adjustable control arms?? Wanting to keep it under 2k if possible. Any full kits better? Wanting to run 33 x 12.50 x 15 on my

You can drop down to the 5000 line shocks or the 7000 if you want to save some cash, I have the 7 series and I am right on the cusp of being too lightweight for an extra smooth ride.

Currie springs are good choice.

Savvy control arms.

In this pic I have 4 inch Currie and savvy with 33x12.50x15

Full kit options here:
https://savvyoffroad.com/product/ce-9801sc/

20190310_092919.jpg

Reactions: Mikester86
What do the contol arms do?
Adjustable control arms will allow you to change your pinion angle. You could probably get away with rear uppers to start. Currie is a great choice. I use the aluminium double adjustable metal cloak arms and I am very happy with them. At 4 inches your most likely going to need an sye unless it's a rubicon. You'll also want a motor mount lift to help with eliminating vibs. If down the line you plan to do a tummy tuck or high clearance gas skid it would also be a good time to get a body lift between 1-1.25".

Are 33's definitely the largest size tire you'll ever install or do you think you could eventually get to 35" tires?

Thats my plan to keep 33s but you know how it is. Im 51 and its gonna be harder to get into. But i have 35s on my ram and i do ok.

In my honest opinion now is the time to decide on your tire size and I think that's where Jerry was leading you with his question. Tire size will determine your gear ratio and lift. The lift and regear you choose for 33's will not work for 35's. If you build and gear for 35's and run 33's you can get away with it but it won't be optimal and your wallet may take a harder hit than needed. Save yourself time, money and heart ache and decide on the tire size that best meets your needs for now and the future and build for that tire size.

In my area and the type of off-roading I do, 33's meet my need. You can use a Zone 4.25" lift to accommodate 33's nicely and the cost of the kit is less than $600. Add in adjustable track bars front and rear and quick disconnects, a good tire combo and regear and you will be surprised at the off road capability of your Rubi. Plan on around $3500-$4000 to do the above.

In my honest opinion now is the time to decide on your tire size and I think that's where Jerry was leading you with his question. Tire size will determine your gear ratio and lift. The lift and regear you choose for 33's will not work for 35's. If you build and gear for 35's and run 33's you can get away with it but it won't be optimal and your wallet may take a harder hit than needed. Save yourself time, money and heart ache and decide on the tire size that best meets your needs for now and the future and build for that tire size.

In my area and the type of off-roading I do, 33's meet my need. You can use a Zone 4.25" lift to accommodate 33's nicely and the cost of the kit is less than $600. Add in adjustable track bars front and rear and quick disconnects, a good tire combo and regear and you will be surprised at the off road capability of your Rubi. Plan on around $3500-$4000 to do the above.
I have read up on the 4.25 combo and heard the spring collapse easily if you offroad a lot. Im gonna stay with 33 inch tires. I have bad legs and will be doing good with the 4 inch lift. I just want a good offroading rig that drives good also

Reactions: Alex01
Except for the long flex front shocks, that's the one I am currently looking at. (previously looked at the Zone combo) Just not looking forward to dealing with the rusty mount/body under the door during the body lift. But was thinking, put the suspension lift on first, then deal with the body lift at a later date.

I went
Except for the long flex front shocks, that's the one I am currently looking at. (previously looked at the Zone combo) Just not looking forward to dealing with the rusty mount/body under the door during the body lift. But was thinking, put the suspension lift on first, then deal with the body lift at a later date.
I went with the bdg ome super ultimate kit