4 springs vs 2.5-3 springs and body lift for 33s?

I'm not sure if the OP has a budget in mind or not, but I believe anything above the 3" spring lift requires the SYE too, correct?

I'm not sure if the OP has a budget in mind or not, but I believe anything above the 3" spring lift requires the SYE too, correct?
Yes, anything above 3” suspension lift. Of course, he could always do a TCase drop or 1”MML combined with TCase drop to save till money comes in to buy the SYE, DC, and rear upper and lower CA’s.

Last edited:
Of course budget is the most important factor in any build! But this thread is not exactly for my build. My main goal is to understand the advantages and disadvantages of both paths so I can plan my next upgrades.

I am currently running 31s with a lift close to 3". I might move to 33x10.5 in the future, so I want to build everything in the right path. Slowly, because I don't want to ditch 31s yet, but having a plan will make everything easier.

Of course budget is the most important factor in any build! But this thread is not exactly for my build. My main goal is to understand the advantages and disadvantages of both paths so I can plan my next upgrades.

I am currently running 31s with a lift close to 3". I might move to 33x10.5 in the future, so I want to build everything in the right path. Slowly, because I don't want to ditch 31s yet, but having a plan will make everything easier.
Reading your profile and posts, it sounds like you just need a 1-1.25” BL and a TCase shifter cable. You could remove some bumpstop if you’re set up correctly. Adjust your gas tank fill tube and you’d be good to go for 33’s.

Going the other route means changing springs and shocks now, adding SYE and DC and rear CA’s. More spendy but you would have more clearance.

Reading your profile and posts, it sounds like you just need a 1-1.25” BL and a TCase shifter cable. You could remove some bumpstop if you’re set up correctly. Adjust your gas tank fill tube and you’d be good to go for 33’s.

Going the other route means changing springs and shocks now, adding SYE and DC and rear CA’s. More spendy but you would have more clearance.
More clearance or more shock travel?

More clearance or more shock travel?
More clearance with a 4” lift is unequivocal.

More “usable” shock travel depends on how good your shock choice is, but assuming it is good, you will also get more shock travel.

Reactions: TJim