42lre to th400 swap

Advance adaptors (and I’m sure Novak does as well) makes a kit to bolt a 400 to the 4.0 and the 231 to the 400. Pricey but about the only option.

Is there a problem with your 42RLE or are you looking to solve the problem caused by its steep .69 Overdrive ratio? The TH400 is a power hungry transmission better suited to a V8 in my opinion.

Reactions: reddvltj
What problem are you trying to solve? You will be giving up overdrive. On the other hand, the TH400 is a really tough trans and has quite the reputation.

This is a better question for the guys at Novak and/orAdvanced Adapters.

Is there a problem with your 42RLE or are you looking to solve the problem caused by its steep .69 Overdrive ratio? The TH400 is a power hungry transmission better suited to a V8 in my opinion.
Thank you for your input, exactly what I'm looking for. I am planning an LS swap, I'll just bite the bullet and do the LS swap at the same time. 5.3/th400 or 4l80e swap

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
Not alot of highway miles, it's a rubi 241OR. I'm trying to plan things out and for some reason I always fall into this keeping up with the Jones mentality even though I know I don't need certain stuff to do what I want to do.