42RLE Transmission Temperatures?

I've had similar issues with mine and understand what you're trying to accomplish.
However, I have yet to see the fan (turning on) have much of an impact.
I'll be curious to see whether the fan can reduce the temperatures by 20° from 150, like it's supposed to at 180.

I hope the fan will be more effective if it comes on before things get so hot. I’ll report back with the results.

IIRC to stick with Derale products you need probe 16753 and the adjustable controller 16759? to be able to dial in a more specific on temp. The delta between on/off will still be 20*. You have to experiment to make the on setting coincide with the pan temps you’re seeing as it is a simple adjustment screw with no increments.

The thermo switch for this system uses a 6-32 threaded stud in a coupler fitting. I ordered a lower temp switch to see if things will improve.

Last edited:
what a doctor will tell you, but for me it’s the pooolice please so something in there I have a short doctoral study. I have an Asian friend and she has a similar thing and the way she got around it. The doctor said he said you’re missing an enzyme to metabolize alcohol and you get that by there’s a specific Pepcid AC higher level like extra Pepcid AC and the ingredient is in it that you don’t have previously you had to go get a prescription and he said no just get Pepcid AC whatever it is and I had it I bought it it works for her it’s OK good night be nice. I’d like to know what enzyme is a worrie so another words for someone to take his pill know that that already exists yeah I had no idea existed until I was talking with my best friend and he told me our friend Cody was the fuck up I was like Hazel, Jose Vern and I was like, so how’s the Bonita guys are

The thermo switch for this system uses a 6-32 threaded stud in a coupler fitting. I ordered a lower temp switch to see if things will improve.

Uhh.....???? What???

9972EE98-0949-40ED-96B0-364B977C9CF4.jpeg

Reactions: MikeE024
Installed the 150* thermo switch this evening when ambient temps were around 95*.

The fan turned on when my temp gauge read 165*.

The fan kept the temps mostly in the 170s and the hottest I saw was 184*. I realize temps will be higher under more load on a hot day, but these results are much better than constantly seeing over 200* like I had been.

Edit: The switch appears to close when the pan reads 165* and opens when the pan reads 150*. It’s been pretty consistent so far.

Last edited:
Installed the 150* thermo switch this evening when ambient temps were around 95*.

The fan turned on when my temp gauge read 165*.

The fan kept the temps mostly in the 170s and the hottest I saw was 184*. I realize temps will be higher under more load on a hot day, but these results are much better than constantly seeing over 200* like I had been.

Edit: The switch appears to close when the pan reads 165* and opens when the pan reads 150*. It’s been pretty consistent so far.

Is it on more than it is off?

Is it on more than it is off?

So far definitely yes

Edit:

The fan doesn’t keep the trans from getting to 170-180, but so far it helps keep the temps from climbing to 200* under load.

idk if I’ll have a custom 160* or 165* switch made bc I think it would stay on all the time under load anyways. It would run less but maybe not enough to justify the effort.

Last edited:
Drove around in the heat and sun today. Ambient temps were 100* but felt much hotter in the desert sun.

Normal local driving in light boost and many stops had me between 168-175.

My idle after spirited pulls in boost had me in the 180s. If I drove around rather than idle the temp dropped back to the mid 170s.

After parking the temps hit 190, dropped to 188, then went back to 190 where it held until I turned off the vehicle about 30 seconds later.

Reactions: reddvltj
Wanted to update how the temps have been with the 150* switch while desert temps have been around 100 degrees.

The switch has turned the fan on when the trans temp is between 150* and 158* if the transmission hasn’t been worked hard. This has helped keep the temp in the 160s longer by coming on sooner, and the fan hasn’t had any issues with running often.

The switch always turns the fan on no later than when the trans temps reaches 165-167 which I’m very happy with.

Regarding max temps overall, I’ve yet to see the temps get past 192* and that was only for a split second idling before I shut off the vehicle.

My reported trans temps usually fall between 174-185 once I’ve been driving for a while and on the throttle pretty good. I’m pretty happy with things.