4WD light issues

Billy06

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
I've done a search and couldn't quite find the exact issue I'm having with my 04 Rubicon. My 4wd light is on when it's in 2wd, but as soon as I shift into 4wd the light goes off. The transfer case is engaging, just the light isn't working properly. I've seen other threads where people were having the opposite issue. I'm assuming it's the transfer case switch/sensor? Is this the correct one?

2002-2021 Mopar Transfer Case Switch 5083138AA | My Mopar Parts

Sounds like the switch has an internal problem.
Make sure IF you order a new switch that you emphasize that part number since there are two switches listed for the Wrangler (Rubicon and Sport).

I've done a search and couldn't quite find the exact issue I'm having with my 04 Rubicon. My 4wd light is on when it's in 2wd, but as soon as I shift into 4wd the light goes off. The transfer case is engaging, just the light isn't working properly. I've seen other threads where people were having the opposite issue. I'm assuming it's the transfer case switch/sensor? Is this the correct one?

did you ever find out the problem?

Interesting, as the 4wd light is acting in the same weird way since today. On 2wd the light is on and shift to 4wd its off.....
May have to replace this switch and can someone tell me where this switch is located?
Thank you in advance!