WTB: 55314949 steering column shaft seal (for a '99)

TooTallTJ

As you can see from one of the photos, there used to be someone who had one of these listed for sale on eBay, but it's out of stock and discontinued through Mopar. I am already going to try repairing mine with a plastic welder, but I'd anyone has one in good shape they'll sell,I wouldn't mind having a backup.

Alternatively if anyone knows of a suitable alternative part, like a similar product with a GM part number or a Dorman generic item that works well, let me know!

PXL_20240317_073855295.jpg

Screenshot_20240317-004922.png

I struck out sorry man

No worries bro, thanks for checking! I've got mine welded up all sloppy right now. About to go sand it down and see about getting it fitted in there. I have a feeling it doesn't need to be super strong or anything. The only reason it took such a beating in the first place was the fact someone installed a body lift and a steering shaft riser, then someone else removed the body lift later but not the riser, so there was some really funky steering shaft geometry. I pulled the riser and am gonna have it passing through the center like it should so if I can get this recycled one to socket in there, I can use weatherstrip adhesive or something like that to help hold it in place and give it a good seal, if need be. 🙂