6 months in the Wrong(ler): A thread about an JL with some JKs and even a TJ or two added

JEEPCJTJ

TJ Expert
Supporting Member
Half way between Pittsburgh and Cleveland
Due to buying a New Beetle TDI, and my first PC, almost 20 years ago I stumbled across the VWVORTEX. It was there that I found The Car Lounge which was not only tied to them but a handful of other forums for specific car brands. It had posts of almost anything related to cars. I was there every day and couldn't believe how great it was. It started falling away from great probably 10 years ago. For the few years I had my business running I didn't even bother going there at all but now I randomly check it out every couple weeks and usually wonder why.

Anyway, here's a thread started by someone that has been leasing a JLU for six months and what he mostly likes, and somewhat dislikes, about it. I found the whole thread to be pretty interesting even though I will probably never end up with any reason to have more of a car than a CJ, oops I meant to type TJ (even though it's almost too car-like for me).

6-months-in-the-Wrong(ler)

Last edited:
I think the interior of the JL looks rather good and the exterior isn't terrible. I just can't see buying the 4 door to be a family rig. I could never get rid of my TJ, I love that it drives the way it does. It doesn't even try to drive like a new car. I think that helps give it character. I think some of that character would be lacking in the JL. After driving a friends JK I was taken back at how it just didn't feel like a Jeep.

I think the interior of the JL looks rather good and the exterior isn't terrible. I just can't see buying the 4 door to be a family rig. I could never get rid of my TJ, I love that it drives the way it does. It doesn't even try to drive like a new car. I think that helps give it character. I think some of that character would be lacking in the JL. After driving a friends JK I was taken back at how it just didn't feel like a Jeep.

My wife and I like the looks of the JL. She drives a Toyota Highlander as her DD. Nice comfort features and reliable. We're talking about replacing it when it's 12-13 years old (it's a 2011). The new JL would be considered, but I would also look at what else is in that price range for a mid sized SUV with 4 doors and AWD/4WD. I can't see spending money for a JL and building it out like my LJ.

Reactions: Allstar424