97-02 Instrument Gauge Cluster Schematic?

Yoda

TJ Enthusiast
I'm thinking of converting my 01 instrument cluster to an Autometer gauge setup. I realize the cruise control, rear window defrost, and a few other functions go through the instrument cluster.

I'd like to determine if those signals just pass through or are manipulated in some way. I'd like to retain these features so I'd like to create a circuit board that will duplicate what the instrument cluster does to these functions. As long as it doesn't involve the Data Bus I should be able to handle it.

I have the FSM and it shows what wires go in and what goes out but it doesn't really get into the schematic of the actual instrument cluster. Does one exist? Thanks!

If it's not in the FSM I'm not sure it exists. Well, at least I've never seen one.

Hopefully you find one (if it exists)!

That's essentially the road I'm going down. The high beam indicator, turn signals and flashers are hard wired.

All of the warning/indicator lights are over the data bus, which I don't really care about. So are the transfer case, cruise control, airbag, seat belt and ABS/brake indicator lights. I believe the rear window defogger goes in and out of the instrument cluster, so that isn't really a big deal.

It looks like cruise control isn't routed through the instrument panel. The steering wheel control go right to the PCM. The instrument cluster uses data bus only to illuminate the cruise indicator.

Anyone have experience swapping these out for Autometer?