97 2.5L won't start

Brokebolts

Just made this account to get some advice.

My 97 wouldn't start for me the other day and so I changed out the fuel pump motor, not the whole assembly, just the pump at the lower section. I was having issues that led me to this after watching the live data on an obd 2 one day and the no start happening 3 days later.

I have changed the following for new parts in this order:

CPS
Fuel pump motor
Spark plugs
Fuel pump relay

The jeep will crank all day but it has only tried starting twice since I swapped the pump. Neither time did it want to stay running.

Let the questions and advice commence

Thanks

I'll start of by saying I'm not the best with this stuff, but have you looked at the distributor at all? Perhaps not getting a good connection or faulty distributor is preventing the engine from turning over? If you can get someone to crank the engine and you tap on the distributor at the same time I've heard that it could start the engine which would give you your answer. Hope this helps!

I actually replaced the cap, rotor button and the....flat plastic circular piece inside the cap two months ago. I will give the tapping a try because what could it hurt. Thanks for the advice and welcome.

First of all you stated the CPS was replaced, which brand did you install, then check to hear if the pump is attempting to prime the system. The pump will run for about 2 seconds when the key is turned to the run position. If you hear it prime then give the throttle body a shot of starting fluid to see if she fires of for a second or 2.