A/C line engine bracket help

TheDWord

I'm wondering if anyone can help me with a picture or two of the bracket listed as number 5 in the image below? I'm hoping to see how it is mounted to the engine/head.

One of my lines keeps breaking at the compressor connection. I think it's due to pressure on the line caused by the bracket incorrectly mounted. I just don't have ready access to another TJ with AC to look at for reference and my Google fu isn't helping on this one.

It's the discharge line that's broken a couple times, if that matters to anyone.

1662601083765.png

I'll send you a pic in morning it's to dark outside even with light but bracket mounts to left front cylinder head bolt.

Thanks friends. That’s how mine is mounted, it seems low on mine though, it doesn’t look right. I have to put a bit of downward pressure on the lines to get the bracket to clamp around the lines. I’ll post a pic of it tomorrow, when there’s some light out.

Reactions: Chris
Here are a couple pictures of what I'm working with. Being rigid lines like this, I would expect that the lines should rest easy in the bracket when it's open. You can see in the pics where they are resting. In order to get the bracket to close, I have to put a lot of pressure on the lines. It just doesn't feel right to me, but if anyone with experience tells me otherwise, I'll keep the pressure on and go forward with replacing the broken line.

IMG_4157.jpg

IMG_4158.jpg

IMG_4159.jpg

Hey ! All of the ones I've done look like that when you first put them on, you have to carefully ( carefully very carefully) bend them into position. I always put electrical tape on line were bracket goes around line. Don't just push on line to bend into place ,use two hands and gently bend into position. Good luck !

Reactions: TheDWord
Hey ! All of the ones I've done look like that when you first put them on, you have to carefully ( carefully very carefully) bend them into position. I always put electrical tape on line were bracket goes around line. Don't just push on line to bend into place ,use two hands and gently bend into position. Good luck !

Awesome, thanks for the feedback! This is my first time having to deal with AC lines on this thing and wanted to be sure I'm doing it right.

I concur with JSpike - the lines are aluminum and easy to form so that the resting position is on the bracket. But like he said, it's easy to kink them, too. If you do kink them, they'll need to be replaced because the kinked area will eventually crack under pressure.

Reactions: TheDWord
I concur with JSpike - the lines are aluminum and easy to form so that the resting position is on the bracket. But like he said, it's easy to kink them, too. If you do kink them, they'll need to be replaced because the kinked area will eventually crack under pressure.

Thanks for the additional feedback!