A/C only blowing slightly cool air after recharge

Cade86

Hey guys, I just replaced the A/C compressor and recharged the A/C on my 1997 wrangler. It is still blowing only slightly cool air. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Hey man - did you evacuate the system using a vacuum pump before recharging it? Was the accumulator/dryer also replaced? Thirdly, how much oil did you put in?

Common mistake when installing a new compressor is adding too much oil - the new compressor may have come preloaded with a full charge of oil. Unless your system was flushed of old oil, it could have too much in this case.

Another issue - why was the old compressor changed? Did the clutch die or did it just lock up?

Im assuming you added refrigerant with manifold gauges - if not, you’ll need to check low/high side pressures before I can speculate any more [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: TJMIKE
When I got my LJR last year I couldn't get mine to cool properly by using the manifold gauge pressures. Had to evacuate and re charge by weight. (1.25#) works fine now.

Reactions: B4_685
When I got my LJR last year I couldn't get mine to cool properly by using the manifold gauge pressures. Had to evacuate and re charge by weight. (1.25#) works fine now.

No doubt the best method of course [emoji6] - empty system - no air - proper charge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk