A heart-felt story that will lift your spirits during these troubling times

Jamison C

Heil Savvy 🙋‍♂️
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
My sister is a shift leader at a restaurant that I used to manage here in Sedona. The owners are like second parents to me, and while they rule with an iron fist when it comes to running their restaurant, outside of it they are some of the kindest and most generous people I have ever met.

My sister came home after work tonight and told us a story about her day. In the plaza where the restaurant is located, there are several benches strewn about. Today she noticed a homeless man sleeping on one of them for a few hours. The owner of the restaurant was there today so she asked him if she could get him some food from the kitchen. The owner told her that since it wasn’t very busy, not only could she get him some food, but to go ahead and give him a table on the front patio and serve him whatever he wanted. It was cloudy and in the low 80s today, so the weather was perfect for some outdoor dining.

The gentleman ordered a humble burger and fries meal and a soda, and only had one refill. The staff went above and beyond to show him he was welcome and made sure all of his needs were taken care of. The owner also took a sack and filled it with fresh fruits and veggies for the gentleman to take after his meal. He continued to express his gratitude at how kindly he was treated by the wait staff and how they provided for him.

Here’s the best part. He eventually went on his way with his bag of fresh fruits and veggies, and when my sister and the restaurant GM went out to clear the dishes from the table, they found a single dollar bill folded up under the plate (I’m tearing up just writing about this). This is a man who has nothing except the clothes on his back, and he felt so much gratitude for how he was treated, he showed it by leaving behind the one thing that helps ensure his continual survival in the world.

I’m not sure how many of you are religious (my family grew up in church), but it reminds me of the story of the widow’s offering in the book of Mark.

Chapter 12: 41-44
41 Jesus sat down opposite the place where the offerings were put and watched the crowd putting their money into the temple treasury. Many rich people threw in large amounts. 42 But a poor widow came and put in two very small copper coins, worth only a few cents.

43 Calling his disciples to him, Jesus said, “Truly I tell you, this poor widow has put more into the treasury than all the others. 44 They all gave out of their wealth; but she, out of her poverty, put in everything—all she had to live on.”

Many of us may not be the richest people (we’re Jeep owners after all lol), but let’s not forget about how much we have to be thankful for. Things like the gentleman above, and the widow in the Bible do not posses 🙂

My sister is a shift leader at a restaurant that I used to manage here in Sedona. The owners are like second parents to me, and while they rule with an iron fist when it comes to running their restaurant, outside of it they are some of the kindest and most generous people I have ever met.

My sister came home after work tonight and told us a story about her day. In the plaza where the restaurant is located, there are several benches strewn about. Today she noticed a homeless man sleeping on one of them for a few hours. The owner of the restaurant was there today so she asked him if she could get him some food from the kitchen. The owner told her that since it wasn’t very busy, not only could she get him some food, but to go ahead and give him a table on the front patio and serve him whatever he wanted. It was cloudy and in the low 80s today, so the weather was perfect for some outdoor dining.

The gentleman ordered a humble burger and fries meal and a soda, and only had one refill. The staff went above and beyond to show him he was welcome and made sure all of his needs were taken care of. The owner also took a sack and filled it with fresh fruits and veggies for the gentleman to take after his meal. He continued to express his gratitude at how kindly he was treated by the wait staff and how they provided for him.

Here’s the best part. He eventually went on his way with his bag of fresh fruits and veggies, and when my sister and the restaurant GM went out to clear the dishes from the table, they found a single dollar bill folded up under the plate (I’m tearing up just writing about this). This is a man who has nothing except the clothes on his back, and he felt so much gratitude for how he was treated, he showed it by leaving behind the one thing that helps ensure his continual survival in the world.

I’m not sure how many of you are religious (my family grew up in church), but it reminds me of the story of the widow’s offering in the book of Mark.

41 Jesus sat down opposite the place where the offerings were put and watched the crowd putting their money into the temple treasury. Many rich people threw in large amounts. 42 But a poor widow came and put in two very small copper coins, worth only a few cents.

43 Calling his disciples to him, Jesus said, “Truly I tell you, this poor widow has put more into the treasury than all the others. 44 They all gave out of their wealth; but she, out of her poverty, put in everything—all she had to live on.”

Many of us may not be the richest people (we’re Jeep owners after all lol), but let’s not forget about how much we have to be thankful for. Things like the gentleman above, and the widow in the Bible do not posses 🙂
I'm looking forward to sharing this story at a small family gathering we're having Saturday (niece's graduation). Thank you ever so much for sharing that, my friend. That was awesome!

That is an amazing story. I do admit that it seemed like it was going to take at least a couple different not good directions, like he now demands that he live on that patio or God knows what else, but none of that didn't happened.

👍 👍 👍

I have no idea how I had that "didn't" ended up in there. Edited to add the strike-through

Last edited:
Wonderful story. I wish more good stories like this made the news as opposed to the trash they spew on the 24/7 news cycle.

I enjoy good news and acts of kindness far more than the bad stuff. Good for these guys, it’s important to take care of one another.

I told my sister she should post this on FB because this is one of those stories that goes viral. Not for fame, but because this is the kind of stuff people need to see, especially now. The way she told the story at home was much more emotional, but the point remains the same. I’m glad it can be shared here.

Great story! On weekend mornings my wife and I enjoy coffee together and chat. We usually have the news on but we've been playing music lately for something more uplifting. Your story made my day and like @Squatch, I'll share it with the family. Jim Croce's, "I'll have to say I love you in a song" just came on so I'll sign off now. Have a good day everyone!

Reactions: Squatch

👍🏿👍🏿👍🏿