A Jeep Family

RussTJ

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
My wife and I bought our '97 TJ this fall and have really enjoyed it. We've got a long history with Jeeps and with the kids in their 20's now it was time for us to have some fun. My first vehicle was a '73 Commando and hers was a '78 CJ7. Our parents owned Jeeps as well. Along the way we had three XJs and another TJ. Our son and daughter have both owned or currently own Jeeps, too. I found this website right after we got the TJ and I'd been a regular visitor before finally signing up. The TJ will remain pretty stock but we're going to add some wheels in the spring. I really love having the vehicle to work on as a hobby. I'm not a mechanic but have done enough wrenching to know what I can take on and what to leave to a pro. I've got a few maintenance projects planned for this winter and will be reading the Forum looking for ideas, too. Can't wait for the warmer weather to take the top off and put the half doors back on. Thanks for all the help and see you soon.

My wife and I bought our '97 TJ this fall and have really enjoyed it. We've got a long history with Jeeps and with the kids in their 20's now it was time for us to have some fun. My first vehicle was a '73 Commando and hers was a '78 CJ7. Our parents owned Jeeps as well. Along the way we had three XJs and another TJ. Our son and daughter have both owned or currently own Jeeps, too. I found this website right after we got the TJ and I'd been a regular visitor before finally signing up. The TJ will remain pretty stock but we're going to add some wheels in the spring. I really love having the vehicle to work on as a hobby. I'm not a mechanic but have done enough wrenching to know what I can take on and what to leave to a pro. I've got a few maintenance projects planned for this winter and will be reading the Forum looking for ideas, too. Can't wait for the warmer weather to take the top off and put the half doors back on. Thanks for all the help and see you soon.
We enjoy pics around here ;) throw up whatever you have available to show lol

Reactions: Chris
Welcome to the larger TJ Jeep owner family.:D..Great to here that you had you fair share of Jeeps and the rest of your family too.I bet when you all get together its like a Jeep Jamboree :borra2:
Like @Starrs said though...pics are always good to see.

Glad to finally have you aboard! Post some photos up when you get a chance. Nothing like a Jeep family. Since I met my wife 6 years ago we’ve owned 5 Jeeps with more to come in the future I am sure. However, the TJ will always, always remain a constant. That’s one I’ll take to my grave with me.