A month using a toy knife

Speaking of bolos, this was a 1917 bolo that had lost its guard and had broken scales so last year I reshaped it and cut the tang to make a Krag Bowie. Turned out sharp. Very rare original Krag Bowies are about $4000.00, mine was considerably cheaper. When a small number were issued to troops to test in the field they were found to be kind of fragile and too light to use as real machetes. No more were produced.

View attachment 126775

View attachment 126776
If I had that, I couldn't help but pose and say: "That's not a bayonet...THIS is a bayonet!"

1575052235549.png

I've managed to somehow sneak a few blades through TSA before. I always have at least a knife on me, lots of times have a multitool on me too. Can't tell you how many time I've gotten dropped off at the airport and about to go through security and then realize I have my pocket knife on me.

As for sporting events, concerts, and other events where they wave the wand over you or you walk through the metal detector I use the pocket clip and put my knife on the waistband of my boxers right behind where my belt buckle is. Can't tell you how many times I've gotten pulled to the side after setting off the alarm and they question me or wand me again. And then I give them the old "Oh, it must be my belt buckle" line and lift my shirt slightly to how I have a heavy duty belt buckle on (Cobra buckle for those that know what it is). A lot of times they wand my waistline again and it beeps and they clear me. Sometimes I'll clip a knife to the top of my boot, but they are getting better about checking down there at most events now.