A movie remake that no one asked for

P, T & A is one of my favorite holiday movies and classic John Hughes. And I fully agree, even any kind of stupid sequel or anything new related to this classic is flat unoriginal and stupid.

Reactions: Hog, B252 and Chris
I expect to see snowflake feminists trying to start a national boycott of the Planes, Trains and Automobiles remake because they should be women this time. Or maybe based on the actual parts they'll boycott because just Steve Martin should be replaced with a woman to prove how much better they are than any man. We shall see.

If I tried to think of a good recent movie I’d be thinking for a long time and still come up blank.

Reactions: Chris
I'm generally not a fan of remakes of any kind, however I have watched "The Razor's Edge" with Bill Murray a few times and found it a uniquely thought provoking film. It wasn't until after I researched some of the themes in the movie that I realized it was somewhat of a re-imagined version of a 1946 movie starring Tyrone Power based on the a novel of the same name. I'm going to go back and watch the original now and see how it is.

Most remakes in this modern age I don't even bother watching. Most movies now are so short on character development that you can't even relate to any of them. I much prefer some of the solid series now coming out of places like Amazon, FX, Netflix, etc... The directing, camera work, acting, story lines and character development is far superior to the crap that's coming out on the big screen now a days.

So not really a full-on remake? ;)

From what i understand it wasn't an attempt to remake the original movie, but an attempt at another movie version of the original book. Bill Murray and another guy (Can't remember his name) wrote the screen play during a long cross country buddy trip.

I think in the first movie the main character, Larry, was a WWI fighter pilot and in the Bill Murray version he was a WWI ambulance driver on the Western Front.

By the way an interesting tidbit about that movie, when his friend dies on the battle field the eulogy he gave the character was taken from the actual eulogy he gave John Belushi when he died.

Great movie about a man coming to terms with his own life and finding his own truth.

If they try to remake Blues Brothers I'm gonna lose my $#!+.

Don't start. Because you know there's a group out there claiming appropriation of music and style just aching to pull the trigger.

I hate that there are no original ideas for good movies any longer. At least in their eyes. I've been watching so many foreign films because of this.

A lot of those "reboots" or "remakes" should not be. Period. People keep buying, they keep making them.

My favorite is when they "remake the movie for the US" like Death at a Funeral. There's the original UK version and the US version. Only one actor plays his role in both but the story is the same.

Last edited:
Reactions: freedom_in_4low