A real mail Jeep

Shane Mckinley

Zipman35
Supporting Member
Well I never really thought I would get
Into a “build thread” especially with a Jeep that’s primarily for work... but somehow I managed a few things that started to make it look or start looking like a real Jeep in my mind

I’ll follow up with photos it’s all still very much stock other than the tires bit certainly looks like a Jeep should in my mind

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2005 RHD TJ Sport
2010 BMW 528xi

Reactions: JMT and Chris
The day I brought it home

41f8c16698c7f29363881c0b35c6ced6.jpg

ee39e66bfc9236c4aab31debae7a0844.jpg

d74fe5a5614c99975854aea9e5929719.jpg

I’m not sure what they used at the dealership on the jugs and flares but they certainly didn’t stay looking that way long... :/

2005 RHD TJ Sport
2010 BMW 528xi

Black grille inserts and headlights bezels gave me a more aggressive look too

I just always thought it looked a little small on the 235 tires...

I didn’t realize how bad mail delivery was on tires. They wore out quickly so I decided I needed better ones... bigger ones.

I was able to convince my wife and even managed a better deal on a set of Used 32” tires along with some new TM wheels

ec770924db280a394481a126b8a91642.jpg

5ad19b13609a8e6b39e38e3fc167f0c3.jpg

2005 RHD TJ Sport
2010 BMW 528xi

Still to come 2” coil spacers and rancho 5000x

Maybe Christmas ?

It’s been an adventure! I’ve learned I don’t mind turning wrenches again. The Jeep community is absolutely amazing. They are a blast to drive

2005 RHD TJ Sport
2010 BMW 528xi

Reactions: tomtaylz and Chris
It's the mailman everyone wishes they had! I'll bet you don't deliver too many big packages in that thing though, huh?

What I don't understand about the US Postal Service is, if you have a mail box at your house or at the end of your road, the post office will gather up your mail for you, get in a vehicle, drive it to your house for FREE. But, if you have a box at their office where they don't have to hire someone to drive it to your house they "charge" you $78.00 a year. Doesn't make sense to me. And the Post Office says financially they aren't doing well at all. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure this out.

What I don't understand about the US Postal Service is, if you have a mail box at your house or at the end of your road, the post office will gather up your mail for you, get in a vehicle, drive it to your house for FREE. But, if you have a box at their office where they don't have to hire someone to drive it to your house they "charge" you $78.00 a year. Doesn't make sense to me. And the Post Office says financially they aren't doing well at all. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure this out.
Not everyone is as smart as you bro! They keep paying the $78

I rented a car in Scotland once. Right hand drive. I knew it was right hand drive but as I left the Rental Shop, I opened the left door and sat down..... After getting out and reboarding on the right side, I pulled out and proceeded backwards around the round-a-bout.

Much later, driving across the bog with these massive speed bumps over streams, I could see a car a mile away.... It looked like we were on a collision course. He was definitely directly lined up with me. I checked, I'm in the right side seat, the center line IS to my right. I'm OK.... but on a collision course. I got to the "speed bump" stream crossing culvert first and,,,,, well the road jogged 1 lane to the left.

They say more pedestrian foreigners die in England crossing the road than any where else in the world. I quit going to the pub if I had to cross the street. Thankfully in England you can always find a neighbourhood pub without ever crossing the street.

We certainly don’t show many signs of slowing. Almost constantly hiring.

We do jokes about no longer being in the mail delivery service but parcel delivery service lol

I just hope to go full time soon and stay long enough to accumulate some sort of retirement

2005 RHD TJ Sport
2010 BMW 528xi

I rented a car in Scotland once. Right hand drive. I knew it was right hand drive but as I left the Rental Shop, I opened the left door and sat down..... After getting out and reboarding on the right side, I pulled out and proceeded backwards around the round-a-bout.

Much later, driving across the bog with these massive speed bumps over streams, I could see a car a mile away.... It looked like we were on a collision course. He was definitely directly lined up with me. I checked, I'm in the right side seat, the center line IS to my right. I'm OK.... but on a collision course. I got to the "speed bump" stream crossing culvert first and,,,,, well the road jogged 1 lane to the left.

They say more pedestrian foreigners die in England crossing the road than any where else in the world. I quit going to the pub if I had to cross the street. Thankfully in England you can always find a neighbourhood pub without ever crossing the street.

This is true my wife went a couple years ago and was almost struck by a bus. Here we look right, left, then right again ... over there it’s the opposite

2005 RHD TJ Sport
2010 BMW 528xi

We do jokes about no longer being in the mail delivery service but parcel delivery service lol

I just hope to go full time soon and stay long enough to accumulate some sort of retirement

2005 RHD TJ Sport
2010 BMW 528xi
I hope you do! Good luck.

Reactions: Shane Mckinley

2005 RHD TJ Sport
2010 BMW 528xi
Doesnt the post office reimburse you for
mileage?
That's a major perk for a jeep head, that's gotta be worth a couple hundred a month in Jeep mods ! :)

Reactions: Chris

you're kidding right? They're not delivering your mail for free, they're paid a separate fee for each (mostly useless) piece they deliver through the purchase of stamps. As for the P.O. Box, think of it as a teeny tiny apartment you're renting :D for $6.50/month. They own it & maintain it thus you've gotta pay for it, different from the trashcan on a stick that you own and maintain at the end of your driveway.

Reactions: JeepinJerry
you're kidding right? They're not delivering your mail for free, they're paid a separate fee for each (mostly useless) piece they deliver through the purchase of stamps. As for the P.O. Box, think of it as a teeny tiny apartment you're renting :D for $6.50/month. They own it & maintain it thus you've gotta pay for it, different from the trashcan on a stick that you own and maintain at the end of your driveway.
My point is....it costs the postal service more money to deliver the mail to everyone's house (buy, maintain mail Jeeps/vehicles employ someone to deliver each letter or package) then it does to put the mail in that little box they have at their office. I understand the stamp pays for the mail service....but the poor box holder has to pay more and it's easier and cheaper for the postal service to just stick that letter in a little box at their office.

My point is....it costs the postal service more money to deliver the mail to everyone's house (buy, maintain mail Jeeps/vehicles employ someone to deliver each letter or package) then it does to put the mail in that little box they have at their office. I understand the stamp pays for the mail service....but the poor box holder has to pay more and it's easier and cheaper for the postal service to just stick that letter in a little box at their office.

This subject has come up frequently. Many who have opinions on if I’ll be employeed long enough to earn retirement lol

The “LLV”’or long life vehicle is about 5 years out of its projected service time. Yet they keep them going. Same for the vans we use. All CRAP and not maintained properly.

As for the other delivery services. There are places we go that the other major shippers will not this is job security .

There are even places where mules and horses are still used (yup no joke)

I really have no idea how it all balances out. I seriously think we are over paid. All the while there are others that think we aren’t paid enough

I can tell you though. It’s stressful, demanding, and quite nerve racking until you get hang of things going on

2005 RHD TJ Sport
2010 BMW 528xi