A Story of Indecision and Frivolous Spending

Thats why you see those insane figures for some of those builds out there, whether they're your style or not the price tag adds up quick.

I know, it really actually makes me understand why they're asking so much.

Because if you knew you wanted to buy a TJ and you'd end up doing almost all the same mods the previous owner did, it actually makes sense to pay a much higher amount, because you'll end up paying it in the long run anyways if you were to buy a bone stock TJ.

The interesting thing however is that with Wranglers, people seem to be able to get a good amount of money out of them when they sell them for parts they've added on.

It's the opposite with cars like BMWs and such. You can dump 10k into mods on a BMW and it won't amount to an extra dime when you sell it.

Well guys and gals, I decided to add up the cost of parts (not including shipping or labor) that I've put into my TJ so far and I came up with this number:

$17,286

Read post number one for a breakdown of the cost of parts.

It's official, I've gone off the deep end.

Add $300 or so, Looks like you missed the Mopar Rubicon flares... ;)

Reactions: Chris
Does this include the repainting on the hood you did too? And the exhaust work? It goes on :D

Nope, it doesn't :risas3:

I'm sure it would come close to 20k if I added it all up. The gear install plus the big brakes and steering is running me $1300 for labor.

Well guys and gals, I decided to add up the cost of parts (not including shipping or labor) that I've put into my TJ so far and I came up with this number:

$17,286

Read post number one for a breakdown of the cost of parts.

It's official, I've gone off the deep end.
Holy crap dude! Lol, one of your little ones is going to have one really sweet TJ someday. ;)

Just ordered up a HealTech Speedo Healer.

This should correct the speedometer (which will be severely off after the re-gear), and I like the fact that these ones are 100% plug-and-play, unlike some of the others, which require cutting and splicing.

Reactions: JeepZilla380
This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
Holy sheet...you've spent almost double on mods than what I spend on my jeep to start! I'd be sleeping in mine, if I spent that.

Glad you get to build it the way you want, and so quickly. I'll get there with mine, just takes me longer.

Edit: just reviewed your list. All that great stuff, and you don't have an anti-rock? C'mon man! :)

Holy sheet...you've spent almost double on mods than what I spend on my jeep to start! I'd be sleeping in mine, if I spent that.

Glad you get to build it the way you want, and so quickly. I'll get there with mine, just takes me longer.

Edit: just reviewed your list. All that great stuff, and you don't have an anti-rock? C'mon man! :)

I have to cut a large portion off of my Mopar Rock Crawler front bumper to fit it. Once I do that though, I intend to put an Antirock on!

Reactions: Mike_H and tomtaylz
Will notching the bumper for an AR weaken it any?

No, from what I understand it won't weaken it whatsoever. You just have to take a considerable amount of material off the bumper.

Here's what you have to do:

Screen Shot 2018-01-26 at 8.11.42 PM.png

Reactions: tomtaylz
It was actually Dave Herrington owner of AEV that didn’t lol. He designed the bumpers.

At the time he designed them, the Antirock likely wasn't as popular (it was still new then) as it is today. Hence it wasn't take into consideration.

Reactions: tomtaylz