A true story of how I ended up where I am today

I was stationed in Germany at 18 years old and you are required to wear a seatbelt so it became ingrained into my head. And I've always worn one since then. But I had cars as a kid that didn't have seat belts also.

As someone who had lived thru a serious injury all I can say is it wasn't your time. Glad you are still here for your family. I truely believe it's the reason I'm still here. I had a daughter to raise. That was an amazing story.

Reactions: Hopper and Squatch
Thanks to all that have replied/commented. It's hard to believe that it's been 4 1/2 years since the wreck. It's even harder to believe that it's been almost 2 1/2 years since I updated this thread considering there have been many other replies.

I did read again everything that I already posted. None of it was to far off but there were several details that weren't quite right. I'm not planning on straightening all of it out because it could take way too long and doesn't really matter. I do feel that I need to fix this part though because I know what I know and I think I always have but I have no idea why I didn't post what I know about this.
View attachment 61662

And here's a picture that I hope people can handle. It's my wrist probably a week or so after having a plate put in. While going through my wife's phone I found both the picture above and this picture taken a couple days later. I didn't remember seeing either before I found them but I do remember making her take the second picture for some reason. I think my plan was to look it up on the internet to see why they drew a road with a bunch of driveways and a lake on my arm. I needed to find out why none of the houses were included on the map of the road, driveways and lake that they put on my arm. How could they leave the houses out? Yes I was out there but not on pain meds. I also know that I thought my hand and fingers were as flat as a pancake in that picture, they definitely felt like they were as flat as I could make them.
View attachment 61663

My original plan for this post was to add some more update. I did start to do that but I was having some trouble deciding what I should bother posting and what really doesn't matter. Whatever I spent the last 3 hours typing, I cut and pasted it to word where I have my first original post, but not the second post from this thread along with twice as many other parts of this story I forgot I ever wrote.

The mind may be a terrible thing to waste but it's kinda hard to keep track of it to begin with.

Again, Thanks Everybody!