ABS fuse

Jeanfi007

Hello everybody,
I'm looking for the abs fuse for my tj 4.0 1999.
Do you know what is the number's fuse?
I want to remove it when I'm off-road.
Thank you in advance for your answers.
20190922_224532.jpg
20190922_224539.jpg

25 or so years ago I wanted to do the same thing.

This probably isn't word for word but someone told me:

You don't want to do that. If you hit something hard enough to blow the air bag, you pretty much need it to work regardless of where you do that hitting. On road, off road, its pretty much the same at the point of impact.

Hello,
I'm french and my english is bad. :D
I want to remove anti-lock braking system when I do off road,
It's raining a lot in my country.
It's dangerous when it's muddy.
I slide downhill.

Oops, maybe I messed up. I'm American and my English isn't better.

I did do this in the same vehicle I wanted to undo the airbags. a 1996 Grand Cherokee.

My wife was pregnant, the Jeep had about 400 miles on it and I talked her into going up a hill. We got to the top and it started to rain. Coming back down was interesting to say the least. It wasn't going to stop no matter what. Luckily it wasn't too steep but it was very long and curvy. After that I started pulling the fuse until I found out how good the drum inside the disc emergency brake worked.

I just looked up the ABS fuses in my 2006 TJ manual, it shows:

#8- 40 Amp Green- ABS Motor
#12- 30 Amp Pink- ABS Valve

Unfortunately none of that seems to match your fuse box, hopefully it's just a year issue and not a import/export issue and someone with an older TJ can help.

I’m pretty sure you could just remove that relay that has ABS printed on it...

Oops, maybe I messed up. I'm American and my English isn't better.

I did do this in the same vehicle I wanted to undo the airbags. a 1996 Grand Cherokee.

My wife was pregnant, the Jeep had about 400 miles on it and I talked her into going up a hill. We got to the top and it started to rain. Coming back down was interesting to say the least. It wasn't going to stop no matter what. Luckily it wasn't too steep but it was very long and curvy. After that I started pulling the fuse until I found out how good the drum inside the disc emergency brake worked.

I just looked up the ABS fuses in my 2006 TJ manual, it shows:

#8- 40 Amp Green- ABS Motor
#12- 30 Amp Pink- ABS Valve

Unfortunately none of that seems to match your fuse box, hopefully it's just a year issue and not a import/export issue and someone with an older TJ can help.

Thanks,
I'll test evry fuse