Absolutely Amazing

BlackDOG

Wow! This is an incredible resource. Long story, short:

About 6 yers ago, I sold my ‘98 TJ that had been my constant companion for 11 years. I was out of the Jeep game till my daughter wanted a car.....found a great 2014 JK. It brought back so much fun...when I get to drive it. Now second child needs a vehicle....enter our father/son 04 Rubicon project. I am having to re-learn so much....

Thanks for the all the info, and the great way it is indexed. It’s also nice to see some names I recognize from prowling Jeep sites back in 2003.....

Welcome to the group! You'll find out very quickly just how much folks here like pictures, so... ;) Very cool that you're getting back into it with your son's involvement. It just doesn't get any better than that! (y)

Reactions: taylormade73
We talked the whole way home about fluid changes, tire sizes, lift options......even a bumper/tire carrier fab project. Your right, it doesn’t get much better. I made him register on this site and told him to read as much as he could.

And since ”pictures or it didn’t happen” is important..... here is the obligatory parking lot shot after purchase.
B83CAC1C-CC86-490F-807C-05E5D8615DC6.jpeg

I'm happy that so many people appreciate this forum. I never thought it would grow to what it has become, but I'm very glad it has. I'm also happy that some appreciate all the organization and indexing of the site, as that's something I actually spend a ton of my time on behind the scenes.

Anyways, welcome to the forum! That's a great looking Rubicon, and my guess is that it will make for a fun father-and-son project.

Welcome to the forum.....so glad you put a pic or the forum goes into melt down lol
Well at least the TJ will be easier to work on than the JK your daughter has

• Haha
Reactions: EJD
I'm happy that so many people appreciate this forum. I never thought it would grow to what it has become, but I'm very glad it has. I'm also happy that some appreciate all the organization and indexing of the site, as that's something I actually spend a ton of my time on behind the scenes.

Anyways, welcome to the forum! That's a great looking Rubicon, and my guess is that it will make for a fun father-and-son project.
In the days before YouTube, finding good info was dodgy and you would have to search 20 threads to find relevant info. With the How to section, you can get a great overview and then decide what additional info is needed.

Pricless pic of the day: wrenching with your boy at 10:30pm

caption, “Dad, I don’t like these nerf bars.....”. Reply: “Well take ‘em off, son!’

EACDD233-DEF1-494C-8018-5309D1568FB2.jpeg

In the days before YouTube, finding good info was dodgy and you would have to search 20 threads to find relevant info. With the How to section, you can get a great overview and then decide what additional info is needed.

caption, “Dad, I don’t like these nerf bars.....”. Reply: “Well take ‘em off, son!’

View attachment 135819

I hear you! I had that problem once upon a time as well, which is why I’ve tried to organize things in such a way that new TJ owners can easily find their way around and get answers to some of the more commonly asked questions without having to dig too deep.

Great photo 😉

View attachment 135819
haha that was one of the first things I did with my TJ too...although mine were pretty rusty..nothing that a cutting wheel couldn't fix and 15 mins later the eyesore was removed.