Accelerator pedal bushings 52078653ab 2002 Wrangler

Eddyword

Hey all, searching for replacement plastic bushings for the accelerator pedal assembly, Mopar part #52078653ab, for my '02 Wrangler. One has busted into pieces and the gas pedal flops around a bunch...not safe. Looked high and low, all the usual Jeep parts sources, Mopar dealers, etc.. They all say 'obsolete', none available anywhere. Hard to believe, sooooo many Wranglers out there still, and this little plastic piece is no longer available??? Anyone else out there with this issue? Maybe salvage yards, etc., but then those parts will probably be the same age, very brittle plastic. Checked with Dorman, no got. Any thoughts or ideas?? Thanks for your time!

Yep, I tried ordering those, but when adding them to the cart, it shows "no longer available. Will notify if it becomes available in the future". I might have to take the one good bushing left and have a machine shop duplicate it out of aluminum or something, with a 'c' clip to hold it in place. With all the millions of Wranglers and other Jeep models still on the road (and will be for decades to come) it's crazy this part is now obsolete. Thanks Jeff!

Found an exact duplicate of the 52078653ab accelerator pedal bushing I'd been looking all over for. It's an old number 53009304, but fits and works perfectly. Found it at the Mopar dealer parts department in Hinesville, GA, for less than $2.00 !! They had it on eBay.

Reactions: JMT