Actual height from coil spacers

Hammer24

TJ Enthusiast
I've been looking at getting some small coil spacers to even out my OME lift which is sagging at the front. The front already has a 10mm spacer but sits about 40mm lower than the rear.

I've read online that a 10mm spacer will actually give ~18mm of lift, so taking that into account I was thinking of taking the 10mm spacer out of the front and putting a 30mm spacer in, and then a 10mm spacer in the back, which should reduce the difference to ~22mm. Thoughts on this?

The other thing is I don't understand why a 10mm spacer would give 18mm of lift, the only explanation I could find online explained it in the context of an IFS set up which did make sense, but is this still true for a solid axle set up?

Cheers

I've been looking at getting some small coil spacers to even out my OME lift which is sagging at the front. The front already has a 10mm spacer but sits about 40mm lower than the rear.

I've read online that a 10mm spacer will actually give ~18mm of lift, so taking that into account I was thinking of taking the 10mm spacer out of the front and putting a 30mm spacer in, and then a 10mm spacer in the back, which should reduce the difference to ~22mm. Thoughts on this?

The other thing is I don't understand why a 10mm spacer would give 18mm of lift, the only explanation I could find online explained it in the context of an IFS set up which did make sense, but is this still true for a solid axle set up?

Cheers
A 10mm spacer will only give you 10mm of lift, IFS is totally different.

Reactions: someguysjeep