Adding storage to interior

What have you added to interior to give yourself some storage space?

• Under seat storage

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Rear cargo box

Votes: 5 83.3%

• Total voters

05pf13

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Picked up this Rugged Ridge overhead storage compartment. Not a huge fan of some of there stuff, but this one is made pretty good. It has a deeper pocket than other brands and has a good fit.
As everyone knows Wrangler's are limited on interior space and we need any added space we can find.
I also added a LED light to the center since I have all black interior, it gives a good amount of light to the front of the interior. The light is a center push button w/three settings. It works on two AA battery's so no wiring involved. I used some 3M tape to attach it to storage bin. I also added one to the rear of my interior and stuck it to the underside of my hard top.
Next I added a Rugged Ridge dash multi mount system. Does a good job of holding my phone and extra spots for accessories.
IMG_2658.JPG
IMG_2659.JPG
IMG_2660.JPG
IMG_2662.JPG

Not sure. It's only held in by velcro straps to the rollbar and easily removable. That's why I decided on purchasing it, since the top is always down in the summer month's I can easily remove it if that probably arises.

Hmm, I had never seen this before today. I am a fan of the rear cargo storage. I know @Serbonze came up with a cheap and relatively easy way to store things in the back and still make it look good. There's also a ton of other guys on here with rear cargo storage solutions I've seen as well, many of them custom.

Reactions: Serbonze
I've gone through a few cargo storage options. I have under seat storage, an ammo can with essentials behind the passenger seat, and some storage boxes for out on the trail. I think the most unique storage solution that I found uses the dead space above the rear wheel well in the tub, the Bestop 54108-15 RoughRider Black Denim Saddle Bag for 92-06 Wrangler

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002SA4K6/?tag=wranglerorg-20

IMG_4401.PNG

Reactions: Chris
I thought I would update this one, since I found a great storage option. I've been using a 50 cal ammo can behind my passenger seat, but even on it's side it's a little tall and will sometimes interfere with the seat moving all the way back. I was search and searching for a waterproof container that would fit the rear footwells, and I finally found what I think is a perfect option. It comes with pull and pluck foam, which I just removed. The interior dimensions are about 9 5/8"w X 8 7/8"d X 4 3/8"h. I'm able to hold quite a bit in there.
415vkWRpx1L.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00QPQHPJW/?tag=wranglerorg-20
It's currently listed at $34, but like Amazon usually does the price seems to fluctuate. I bought mine when it was $21.

I liked it so much, I ended up ordering another one. They have one that is a little deeper, at 6". It's only $16.80 right now.
41qJ8ZSSDyL.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00QPQHRLI/?tag=wranglerorg-20

I thought I would update this one, since I found a great storage option. I've been using a 50 cal ammo can behind my passenger seat, but even on it's side it's a little tall and will sometimes interfere with the seat moving all the way back. I was search and searching for a waterproof container that would fit the rear footwells, and I finally found what I think is a perfect option. It comes with pull and pluck foam, which I just removed. The interior dimensions are about 9 5/8"w X 8 7/8"d X 4 3/8"h. I'm able to hold quite a bit in there.
View attachment 27253

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00QPQHPJW/?tag=wranglerorg-20
It's currently listed at $34, but like Amazon usually does the price seems to fluctuate. I bought mine when it was $21.

I liked it so much, I ended up ordering another one. They have one that is a little deeper, at 6". It's only $16.80 right now.
View attachment 27254

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00QPQHRLI/?tag=wranglerorg-20
Does the bigger one fit in the footwell or under the seat?

Tons of people in my local overland group run ARB drawers and love the snot out of them... for the price you better love em. They are quite well thought out and work really well if you have the cash. I recently switched from using a Jeep Backbone system on my TJ which was incredible useful. The only storage I have now is the Mopar Add-A-Trunk but even that I am planning on getting rid of and going to some type of drawer system.

I've got a Tuffy center console, which holds a little more than the stock center console. I've also got a under seat locking drawer where I keep a bunch of random stuff, such as door hinge nuts, registration, touch-up paint pen, my CB mic (when it's not in use) and assorted other smaller things.

I was fortunate enough to pick up an OR-Fab tire and jerry can carrier before they went under. I found a locking jerry can toolbox and a locking storage jerry can that I use for some of my recovery gear. All three work out great together.

Love this storage box

Woah, that's pretty slick! What is it and where did you get it?

It looks like it would fit under the storage rack I picked up a few years ago. I don't use it often at all because it's kind of a pain in the butt to store stuff underneath it. That drawer would work awesome.