Adjustable control arms/pinion angle etc...

nondem

TJ Enthusiast
When people use their adjustable control arms to fix pinion angle and such after doing a lift...are they doing this before or after taking it to an alignment shop?

I'm planning to buy a complete set of adjustable control arms and put them on my stock Jeep adjusted to the same length as the factory ones. If it'll work I might also buy adjustable track bars and do the same. That'll leave me with a usable Jeep while I marshal more funds. Then when I get the rest of the lift w/new coils/shock/SLE I'll have already done a lot of the work. When I do actually lift the Jeep - I'm wondering if I should try to make some of the adjustments and then take it to an alignment shop to get it completed or just do the lift and take it to shop expecting them to make all of right adjustments for pinion angle etc...?
I know a really good alignment shop I've been going to for decades but never with anything but stock vehicles. I've got no experience at all with off-road shops and don't know any in my area very well. I tend to do my own work when it's within my capability and alignment is something I've never done...but I do know how to read a tape measure and angle gauge.

When people use their adjustable control arms to fix pinion angle and such after doing a lift...are they doing this before or after taking it to an alignment shop?
If you are adjusting it you don't need an alignment shop, if you do take it to a shop they will adjust it. Personally I'd read up on how to do it and get in there. You need an angle finder and a tape measure.

If you are adjusting it you don't need an alignment shop, if you do take it to a shop they will adjust it. Personally I'd read up on how to do it and get in there. You need an angle finder and a tape measure.

How may alignment shops are familiar with adjustable control arms?

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
I guess everywhere is different. Alignment shops in my area deal with adjustable control arms. I do live in an odd bubble, the old Savvy LJ was on the boulevard for a few years.