Adult Drag Queen Burlesque at Kids Talent Show

Unfortunately im not surprised. I have no faith in the education system at all. As horrible as this might sound, i lost my faith when i was dragged through high school and graduated still kicking and screaming. I feel I have come a long way since then and I know that i love to learn. However, with all that said i should have never graduated at all. The whole "no child left behind" bullshit is really getting old. Some of these kids coming out of school who have diplomas in hand, aren't even capable of working at a McDonalds. Its pathetic. Kids now days have the opportunity for such a better education and they squander it, and because they do someone else has to pick what they will "learn".

Reactions: Chris
Unfortunately im not surprised. I have no faith in the education system at all. As horrible as this might sound, i lost my faith when i was dragged through high school and graduated still kicking and screaming. I feel I have come a long way since then and I know that i love to learn. However, with all that said i should have never graduated at all. The whole "no child left behind" bullshit is really getting old. Some of these kids coming out of school who have diplomas in hand, aren't even capable of working at a McDonalds. Its pathetic. Kids now days have the opportunity for such a better education and they squander it, and because they do someone else has to pick what they will "learn".
IMO- your post is a great justification for vocational training. Auto mechanics can make more now than most "white collars". Let kids learn what interests them. They will be successful.

Lee - 2005 TJ 4.0 Auto - Las Vegas

IMO- your post is a great justification for vocational training. Auto mechanics can make more now than most "white collars". Let kids learn what interests them. They will be successful.

Lee - 2005 TJ 4.0 Auto - Las Vegas

Exactly!!!! i feel like too many people are focused on a "degree". In my opinion a "degree" is a piece of paper you pay thousands of dollars for. I cant tell you how many people go to college, to get a degree, to get paid almost the same thing as an entry level position in the same company/job. Not to mention that piece of paper means nothing to me if im hiring someone. Pay should be based off of PROVEN knowledge, and work ethic.

Exactly!!!! i feel like too many people are focused on a "degree". In my opinion a "degree" is a piece of paper you pay thousands of dollars for. I cant tell you how many people go to college, to get a degree, to get paid almost the same thing as an entry level position in the same company/job. Not to mention that piece of paper means nothing to me if im hiring someone. Pay should be based off of PROVEN knowledge, and work ethic.

And a degree in this day and age means nothing, unless it's something highly specialized (i.e. biochemical engineering). Going to college and getting a degree in business is a complete waste of money. The job market is flooded with degrees.

Once upon a time, having a college degree was a big deal. However, that's before everyone could go to college and the amount of people who had degrees was further and farther in between.

With the way things are now, you're better off going to a trade school or building an impressive resume.

I aspire to be a gunsmith. Id like my own shop, probably in Arizona. Thats the dream anyway. Plus there are many more trails i could ride instead on trying to find a farmer who will let me tear up a very flat field.....

And degrees have become a joke.

I need about a semester to finish a BS. I looked into it a while back. At many, many schools it's "write a check and we'll take care of it".
Whether it's on-line or in person.
I spoke to 3 advisers at three different schools who more or less told me that.
I have several friends that are adjunct or full professors at local "colleges".
They all confirm that their instructions are generally :If the check clears, they pass.

Sad.

But the drag queen bit was funny as hell.
Why is it always a fat guy dressed like 70s Dolly Parton?

Reactions: VallenMaes
Two things. First, LGBT awareness is a waste of school hours. Schools are meant for education, not kissing some special interest groups ass.

Second, the liberal left seems to think that college is a right and that all should attend. That did nothing more than dumb it down for all of us. College isn't for everyone and some trades make more than a college degree. In my own experience, I got a bachelor's degree which was Ok, but not for what I wanted, so I went back and got a masters degree which was closer but still not enough, so I got licensed as a professional counselor. That worked. Now when I advise young people coming up in the field I tell them get some kind of professional license or certification. I also remind them of how many broke Ph.D's I've met with $250,000 in student loan debt.