Advice needed on a U-joint overhaul

So, when I got to testing out my TJ, I quickly found that there was some clicking in the front end when in 4WD and turning. No biggie, it's a little over 100K miles, probably time for some front U-joints.

I took it down to my local mechanic for tire rotation - and to have them confirm my suspicions - only to have them come back to tell me that 'a lot of times, the wheel bearings break when they change them, so you should just fix that too'

So. guys and gals - I've never had that be a problem with any of the other cars/trucks/utv's etc that I've owned or worked on. Is this a problem with TJ's (first jeep for me so I honestly don't know)?

Also - taking advice on anything else that I might need to do under there while I'm changing out the U-joints.

So, when I got to testing out my TJ, I quickly found that there was some clicking in the front end when in 4WD and turning. No biggie, it's a little over 100K miles, probably time for some front U-joints.

I took it down to my local mechanic for tire rotation - and to have them confirm my suspicions - only to have them come back to tell me that 'a lot of times, the wheel bearings break when they change them, so you should just fix that too'

So. guys and gals - I've never had that be a problem with any of the other cars/trucks/utv's etc that I've owned or worked on. Is this a problem with TJ's (first jeep for me so I honestly don't know)?

Also - taking advice on anything else that I might need to do under there while I'm changing out the U-joints.

Never heard that wheel bearing fail after changing the U-joints on our Wranglers, Unless there is something noticeably wrong with the unit bearings I would not concern yourself.

Yeah, it sounded odd ... my concern though is that they might have broken something when they did the tire rotation and are trying to cover for it. I grew up in a parts store that my parents owned, but I'm just now learning how to work on my own stuff.

I figure I'll take a look at it when we pull it apart and deal with it then if it's an issue.