Advice wanted on front anti-sway bar

Wildjeeper

Looking at replacing my rusted front anti-sway bar. I can go OEM or spend another $50+ and buy an 1 1/4 inch - bar.
I think I read somewhere that the Jeep wouldn’t handle as well with the larger bar.
Any thoughts please.

The OP didn't say he was looking to get rid of his disconnects and was looking for a way to tune his bar. I'm a big fan of the AR, I'm a bigger fan of helping folks get what is appropriate for their needs.
Based on his profile I think he should consider the Antirock.

If this is a mostly on road Jeep I think the stock bar would be best. Just get out the sandpaper and clean it up and repaint. If your bushings are bad (good chance if the bar is that rusty) change them out as well. Make sure to have the bar set to its stock angle and be done.

Reactions: mrblaine
If you get down to Las Vegas at all, or know somebody that does, I've got one in the garage you can have. I think it even has a fresh coat of paint on it.

I read his profile. What about it makes you think a softer bar for a more top heavy rig is a good idea?
I beg the question myself, I too was considering going with a Anti-Rock just because they're so freak'n cool looking. I never get my Jeep off the pavement so this would be a bad idea even if it were set on the stiffest setting?

• Haha
Reactions: L J
I beg the question myself, I too was considering going with a Anti-Rock just because they're so freak'n cool looking. I never get my Jeep off the pavement so this would be a bad idea even if it were set on the stiffest setting?
Stock bar will definitely handle better on the road. The antirock is a good compromise for someone who goes offroad often. I'm very happy with mine but if I didn't get off pavement I'd rather have the stock sway bar.

Reactions: Tray Burge
Question is, has anybody "that never gets off the pavement" tried to couple the stock sway bar along with the Anti-Rock set-up? Would they work in tandem or against each other? Don't say it can't be done, anything can be done, but will they compliment each other or fight each other. The stock one ain't all that great to begin with. Maybe I'll try it and let y'all know if it works.

I’m getting ready to pull an Antirock out and swap in a dual rate sway bar that behaves like OEM on one setting and an Antirock on the other setting. The Antirock is not a bad product, but maybe not the best option for those of us who load the crap out of our vehicles and drive 80 mph to keep pace with traffic.

Don’t blindly buy an Antirock. Buy it if it fits your needs.

Question is, has anybody "that never gets off the pavement" tried to couple the stock sway bar along with the Anti-Rock set-up? Would they work in tandem or against each other? Don't say it can't be done, anything can be done, but will they compliment each other or fight each other. The stock one ain't all that great to begin with. Maybe I'll try it and let y'all know if it works.
That would just make a slightly stiffer sway bar with probably a lot of clunking. A dual rate bar would achieve the effects of both bars without the complexity, but is about $100 more than an Antirock.

Here’s the best of both worlds
https://offroadonly.com/swayloc/