AEV Brute

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aren't the highline fenders/flares identical for TJ's and LJ's? If so, what's wrong with 35's? ;) Although, you're Jeep already looks great! It's just the bug that keeps you wanting to do more or get another one, like a Brute. For me, the closest I can get to a highline is the MC highline fenders/flares. If I get that far, I'm going to try to paint the fenders body match and the flares black, to at least keep the color scheme of the stock setup.

Why do they have to cost so much!! You can buy a brand new Raptor for the price they want for those.
Anyone can buy a Raptor......

But seriously, building a Brute was a $30K touch... on a stock TJ... then start adding lift, tires, audio, power, winch, SYE, .... and most Brutes are low mile, immaculate, babied, trailer queens.... even if they get off roaded.

Last edited:
Little cheaper then the Brute.
https://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/ctd/d/1982-jeep-scrambler-4wd/6386594244.html
Scrambler 2.jpg

Reactions: UpperMI
Anyone can buy a Raptor......

But seriously, building a Brute was a $30K touch... on a stock TJ... then start adding lift, tires, audio, power, winch, SYE, .... and most Brutes are low mile, immaculate, babied, trailer queens.... even if they get off roaded.
Unfortunately that is partially true. Anybody can get a loan these days. I still think they are way overpriced for what they are, but very neat non the less.

Aren't the highline fenders/flares identical for TJ's and LJ's? If so, what's wrong with 35's? ;) Although, you're Jeep already looks great! It's just the bug that keeps you wanting to do more or get another one, like a Brute. For me, the closest I can get to a highline is the MC highline fenders/flares. If I get that far, I'm going to try to paint the fenders body match and the flares black, to at least keep the color scheme of the stock setup.
I was saying that my 33" KM2s are basically brand new and I wouldn't want to purchase 35s to go with the highline flares. 33s with those I don't think would look right. Most builds are with 35s and the high line flares, some go for the 37s. 35s look really good tho.

I was saying that my 33" KM2s are basically brand new and I wouldn't want to purchase 35s to go with the highline flares. 33s with those I don't think would look right. Most builds are with 35s and the high line flares, some go for the 37s. 35s look really good tho.
Okay, I get it. But in couple of years you might need tires again! :) With my build I’d have to save a ton to go to 35’s, so rather than go all at once I’m making the mods to go to 33’s and then the next year to 35’s, maybe, I may like the 33’s and stay there. But either way re-gear eventually and e-locker. This can get expensive.

I thinks it's based off how many posts a member has.
Yeah, I know. I’m just sayin’, I’ve watched this guys build from the start and he’s constantly looking for the purist stuff and selling DD’s so he can make his TJ his daily driver and sticking up posts of AEV stuff! LOL! He can’t get enough of the purist stuff. I love it! He’s got style...

Reactions: Starrs
I'm sticking with 33s on this one. The only other modification I want to do soon is the carbeau seats front and back. Also maybe the arm rests that take away the pull strap on each door too. But all in all my build is pretty well complete. I did sell my Accord off because I was driving this all the damn time and my gas saver was parked in the garage hahaha. This jeep seriously puts a smile on my damn face everyday. Glad I bought it sight unseen when I had the chance. Was listed on autotrader for like 3 hrs and I called and put a deposit down. Knew it was gonna be a nice one.

I'm sticking with 33s on this one. The only other modification I want to do soon is the carbeau seats front and back. Also maybe the arm rests that take away the pull strap on each door too. But all in all my build is pretty well complete. I did sell my Accord off because I was driving this all the damn time and my gas saver was parked in the garage hahaha. This jeep seriously puts a smile on my damn face everyday. Glad I bought it sight unseen when I had the chance. Was listed on autotrader for like 3 hrs and I called and put a deposit down. Knew it was gonna be a nice one.
It is a nice one. I happened on to mine a year ago on a Wednesday night about 8:30 on the drive home. It had been sitting there a couple of hours. 2005 with only 46K miles. I was the first to call the guy and so I got first dibs. Drove it the next day and drove it away the following. I think it was Dec 23 or 24th. Merry Christmas to me! He said he had five other calls and every one wanted to buy it on sight. Said I would have no trouble selling it if I didn’t like it. Like you, never had a vehicle I enjoy driving this much. Smiles all around. It’s not about the destination anymore, it’s about getting there!

It's not even a Hemi. For that price, it has to have the Hemi!

Status
Not open for further replies.