AEV highline LJR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a fan of the paint job, but it's worth the money in parts alone.

I think you'd have to be dumb not to buy this. AEV highline kits on the used market go for $5000 (when they seldom come up for sale).

I think you'd have to be dumb not to buy this. AEV highline kits on the used market go for $5000 (when they seldom come up for sale).
Yeah, it's a steal

Is a highline kit really running 5k these days? That’s crazy expensive.

Is a highline kit really running 5k these days? That’s crazy expensive.

Yes, when they pop up for sale (with the hood) people are asking 5k, sometimes even more. I heard one guy was asking 7k for one. People buy them for that too. It's absolutely looney tunes.

It's a shame that another manufacturer doesn't step up to the bat and make a copy of the AEV highline kit. I talked to AEV about it, but they said all the tooling and molds for the kit have been destroyed, so they couldn't build them again even if they wanted to (not without re-doing all the molds and tooling all over again).

It's a shame that another manufacturer doesn't step up to the bat and make a copy of the AEV highline kit. I talked to AEV about it, but they said all the tooling and molds for the kit have been destroyed, so they couldn't build them again even if they wanted to (not without re-doing all the molds and tooling all over again).
That is the reason I would never buy anything from AEV. There is no continued support for their products. I'm sure in a few years they will have discontinued JK items and only sell JL products. I realize that from a business standpoint it would be cost prohibitive to produce everything forever. Instead of destroying the molds they could have licensed them out.

That is the reason I would never buy anything from AEV. There is no continued support for their products. I'm sure in a few years they will have discontinued JK items and only sell JL products. I realize that from a business standpoint it would be cost prohibitive to produce everything forever. Instead of destroying the molds they could have licensed them out.
The sandbox mentality. "That's MY toy! You can't have it!"

Reactions: Chris

Yes, it seems silly to me as well. There's still enough market IMHO to make TJ products, but they simply don't care. They dropped the TJ support in stuff of the JK, and the will eventually drop the JK support in favor of the JL (and newer).

There's a number of other highline solutions out there, but IMHO the best looking one was unquestionably the AEV kit. It looked factory, which is one of the reasons I really liked it. I really hate the tube fender look.

Reactions: LJ-Jeff
Yes, when they pop up for sale (with the hood) people are asking 5k, sometimes even more. I heard one guy was asking 7k for one. People buy them for that too. It's absolutely looney tunes.

Highest I’ve seen was 4500 lol. You saw one for sale for 7k? Damn that would have to be a moron. They were $1,995 new.

Highest I’ve seen was 4500 lol. You saw one for sale for 7k? Damn that would have to be a moron. They were $1,995 new.

Well, that's what I hear at least. Through the grapevine you know.

Reactions: Starrs
Status
Not open for further replies.