After 193k miles, it finally happened

You don't have to remove thew water pump to replace the head. We need to get @jeep_boss to chime in, I think he just replaced his and has a thread on it. And really, it's not that bad of a job.
Pulling the head isn't too bad. I had to pull mine 5 months ago, it's not fresh in my mind, but I can probably answer any questions if have them.

The factory service manual tells you what you need to do here a replacement head a couple of gaskets and tools torque wrench and deep 12 point 13mm socket “I think” is most of what you need

Yes, I"m feeling better about this. I know I still may be driving a ticking time bomb, but I'm not about to spend an entire weekend plus $500+ unless it's broken.

I replaced the radiator today because I'm fairly certain that's what was losing coolant. Yesterday and this morning I fought to get the old one out. I had some seized and rounded off bolts that I had to deal with. Then today, Mr. mailman comes with my shiny new aluminum radiator that has bend hose outlets. Packaging was fine so they boxed it up like that. A lot of the cooling fins were smushed too, so I'll never buy that brand again. Said Made In U.S.A, but the cap had more Chinese writing on it than English. So I called my local stealership and they were all out. Had to drive 40 minutes to the closest one that had one in stock. I spent probably 5 hours getting the old on out, and about 15 minutes putting this one in.

Old radiator:
UDOuRAZ.jpg

almost replacement:
jmG3UO5.jpg