Aftermarket front coil bucket recommendations

fixmysix

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Does anyone have any recommendations for aftermarket coil buckets and brackets for the front axle? I picked up a HP30 pretty cheap, but the brackets had all been modified/cut. I'll be running a Currie 4" lift with standard steering and an antirock. Any benefit to moving anything around if I'm replacing the brackets? I'm looking to maximize flex and function without going totally crazy and use a set of brackets that will be strong and functional.

Does anyone have any recommendations for aftermarket coil buckets and brackets for the front axle? I picked up a HP30 pretty cheap, but the brackets had all been modified/cut. I'll be running a Currie 4" lift with standard steering and an antirock. Any benefit to moving anything around if I'm replacing the brackets? I'm looking to maximize flex and function without going totally crazy and use a set of brackets that will be strong and functional.

Artec builds a great bracket set for the TJ. Installed one in tworleys build and I have another for mine when I get ready to change out axles. Understand that it will change the lower shock mount to an eye instead of a bar pin. 3/16", well designed.

IMG_20191212_155939.jpg

IMG_20200609_123939.jpg

Reactions: Fouledplugs
Artec builds a great bracket set for the TJ. Installed one in tworleys build and I have another for mine when I get ready to change out axles. Understand that it will change the lower shock mount to an eye instead of a bar pin. 3/16", well designed.

View attachment 168656

View attachment 168657
Do you know if that bar pin can be cut and pushed out on the rancho 5000x? I was hoping to avoid spending the crazy $$ on shocks right now.

Do you know if that bar pin can be cut and pushed out on the rancho 5000x? I was hoping to avoid spending the crazy $$ on shocks right now.

I'm not familiar with the ranchos but I would think so. The other thing to note is that it allows for a longer shock. I would think you could fab up what you need to make it accept a bar pin. I'll look next time I'm out in the shop.

Edit: found a pic of tworleys... It would take some work I suppose.

IMG_20191212_155939.jpg

I am currently using Artec products on a Dana 30. It is stout and well designed. The Dana 30 I used was a good sample. My suggestion is to install all the product at once that way you don’t have to revisit like me. I have to replace the passenger, axle side UCA bushing bracket ( 🙄 ) should’ve done this when it was out. Oh well

Reactions: hosejockey61