Aftermarket interior door handles

JoshHolcomb

So I'm working on some interior door handles and want some feed back from the TJ community. What are you guys looking for in an aftermarket handle? Comfort? Style? Customizable? Heres a couple prototypes and some designs I've been toying with. Please let me know what you think or what you'd change or add. Im trying to create something that people actually want. Made from billet 6061 aluminum. Obviously the jeep handle cannot be legally sold. Its just for me.

20230614_063734.jpg

20230614_071656.jpg

20230614_071704.jpg

20230616_084412.jpg

20230616_113309.jpg

Reactions: Allstar424
Well guess its your lucky day. They are 6061- t6

I was only kidding.

I think you have a pretty cool idea. Personally, I would prefer the look if they were color matched to the door panel.

What do the handles look like on the back side?

I was only kidding.

I think you have a pretty cool idea. Personally, I would prefer the look if they were color matched to the door panel.

What do the handles look like on the back side?

I appreciate the feedback. Right now the are just flat on the back side. Im working on a design with some groves for your fingers right now. I've also been looking into andozing them as well for those who don't want the bare aluminum look. And as for the background colors it would pretty much be buyers choice as its enamel paint.

Reactions: mudmaster
Very cool. I second the comments on colored options. Black would go with any interior. The OEM black pull handles are a nice break up against my khaki door panels, and something like this would give a nice customized yet subtle touch.

Hard to tell from the pics, but if the edges aren't rounded/beveled, may be worth considering to avoid scraping against a hard edge getting in/out of the Jeep or while being jostled around on a rough trail.

Very cool. I second the comments on colored options. Black would go with any interior. The OEM black pull handles are a nice break up against my khaki door panels, and something like this would give a nice customized yet subtle touch.

Hard to tell from the pics, but if the edges aren't rounded/beveled, may be worth considering to avoid scraping against a hard edge getting in/out of the Jeep or while being jostled around on a rough trail.

Thank you . The edges are rounded to prevent any scrapes and they don't stick out to far i make a set that sits closer to the door just to test the difference. As for color options ill have to get some test pieces anodized and see how close I can get them to the stock interior options.

Reactions: DaveC