Air Bag light on AIRBAG whats the cause TJ Sport 1997

It means there is a problem with the system and your airbags are disabled. Could be problem with the wiring, the controller, or one of the airbags itself. You'd have to pull the code to see what the TJ is trying to tell you.

I've also seen posts on here that say a burned out bulb on the passenger airbag disable switch will cause that problem as well. That's an easy enough check.

If the Vehicle his ever had a airbag deployment you have to replace the controller and more then likely the clockspring along with the deployed airbag… when I bought mine the airbag light was on and blinkers wouldnt turn off, it had an aftermarket steering wheel, it didn’t have a controller or a passenger airbag… it’d been In a wreck… factory steering wheel, used clockspring, and removal of the airbag bulb later… good as new!

X2 on the clockspring. That’s the most likely failure point, and can definitely disable the air bag and trigger the light.

Are you having any other issues like no horn or wonky turn signals? If you have them, are the steering wheel buttons acting up? These are also symptoms of a failing clocksspring.