Air compressor relocation question

tomtaylz

LJR Addict
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
So I bought a Twin ARB Compressor off eBay (more is more) for my OBA solution.

The setup I'm wanting to do is have the air connection relocated off of the compressor to somewhere more easily accessible with a quick connect (maybe along the frame but up to suggestions), so I can air up without opening up the hood. That way I can just flip the switch on the dash for the compressor to start up, connect the hose for the tires and air away. I want something pretty heavy duty so I don't have to worry about heat and it can stay in place.

I saw viair has this (although the diameter is not great): https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000YC42RQ/?tag=wranglerorg-20 and I could probably buy these parts separately but wondering what is a part list of items I need outside the compressor for this? What are other people doing?

Also any recommended tire inflation with gauge kits/tube are appreciated to actually inflate the tires.

Last edited:
So I bought a Twin ARB Compressor off eBay (more is more) for my OBA solution.

The setup I'm wanting to do is have the air connection relocated off of the compressor to somewhere more easily accessible with a quick connect (maybe along the frame but up to suggestions), so I can air up without opening up the hood. That way I can just flip the switch on the dash for the compressor to start up, connect the hose for the tires and air away. I want something pretty heavy duty so I don't have to worry about heat and it can stay in place.

I saw viair has this (although the diameter is not great): https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000YC42RQ/?tag=wranglerorg-20 and I could probably buy these parts separately but wondering what is a part list of items I need outside the compressor for this? What are other people doing?

Also any recommended tire inflation with gauge kits/tube are appreciated to actually inflate the tires.
With my on board air, I went with Viair....Constant duty with a 2.5 gallon tank. Like you, I didn't want to have to open my hood every time I wanted to air up. I put a quick connect coupler on my front bumper, and can reach all four tires from that location. I just flip on the switch when I about ready to air up....it fills the tank as I'm driving and automatically shuts off when the tank is full. When I'm ready to air up the tank is full and ready to go. Then kicks back on again when it gets low while you are filling up your tires.

I've got the dual arb as well. I used to have it in the engine bay, along with the small arb tank. However after having multiple compressor failures I moved it into the cab. Seems it didn't like the engine bay heat. It used to be once a summer, after moving it I've had one failure in 3 or 4 years. (arb has taken care of it every time, no questions FYI, great service)

I have the compressor mounted on a deck that goes across the back of my jeep and a quick connect just inside the tailgate. Figure I have to open it anyway to grab my hose and fill chuck.

There must have been a time
when we could have said no.

Reactions: tomtaylz and Bogman
This is where I installed my OBA's quick disconnects on my previous TJ, they worked well in those locations. That's my OBA system's on-off switch under the quick connect in the first photo.

OBA Front.JPG
OBA Rear.JPG

Reactions: tomtaylz and Bogman
I've got the dual arb as well. I used to have it in the engine bay, along with the small arb tank. However after having multiple compressor failures I moved it into the cab. Seems it didn't like the engine bay heat. It used to be once a summer, after moving it I've had one failure in 3 or 4 years. (arb has taken care of it every time, no questions FYI, great service)

I have the compressor mounted on a deck that goes across the back of my jeep and a quick connect just inside the tailgate. Figure I have to open it anyway to grab my hose and fill chuck.

Can you tell me where you mounted the ARB tank inside the engine bay? I'm having a dickens of a time trying to find a secure place to mount it. Tried to remove the driver side battery tray and it just doesn't fit in that space...not sure where else to tuck this tank under the hood.

Thanks! Sorry for reopening an 8 month old thread :/

Can you tell me where you mounted the ARB tank inside the engine bay? I'm having a dickens of a time trying to find a secure place to mount it. Tried to remove the driver side battery tray and it just doesn't fit in that space...not sure where else to tuck this tank under the hood.

Thanks! Sorry for reopening an 8 month old thread :/
No worries, I have Metalcloak fenders so the shape of my inner fender is a bit different, however I mounted it to the inner fender itself on an angle where it goes up from the drivers battery tray with the filters pointing away from the motor. That puts it kind of between the fender and the tip of the master cylinder. I have another friend who made a custom bracket to hold it flat just under the hood above that same area.

Reactions: Eric Bremer