Air selection actuator not working

PalmettoStateBob

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Replacing my control panel for AC/Heat. It was only blowing in 2 speeds. Works great except now it only blows out defrost. Pretty sure before I did this that it was only blowing out center vents. I can not find a bad place in vacuum line from engine, followed through T and into firewall, also checked one that runs under battery until it disappeared. Before I pull battery and box out, and before removing dash; Is there anything else I should check? Arms and connectors from actuator are moving by hand and not broken. Wait….. 🤦‍♂️Works fine with engine running to create vacuum. Leaving this here for education and humor. Yep, okay to laugh with me 😆

• Haha
Reactions: matkal
having similar issues....and following the same troubleshooting. But...shouldn't the air options still work without the jeep on? Now I am scratching my head as well, because...without it on, no vacuum, so makes sense if it is just defrost and not changing modes. But also, is that normal? Now I'm wondering how many things I have been troubleshooting with it just in accessory mode, and it all being pointless...laughing with you, at me here too... *scratches head*

having similar issues....and following the same troubleshooting. But...shouldn't the air options still work without the jeep on? Now I am scratching my head as well, because...without it on, no vacuum, so makes sense if it is just defrost and not changing modes. But also, is that normal? Now I'm wondering how many things I have been troubleshooting with it just in accessory mode, and it all being pointless...laughing with you, at me here too... *scratches head*
Literally cranked the Jeep and everything worked fine. I did read several things about checking vacuum lines, which I did. But it finally dawned on me engine creates vacuum. But I learned something from trouble shooting.

Replacing my control panel for AC/Heat. It was only blowing in 2 speeds. Works great except now it only blows out defrost. Pretty sure before I did this that it was only blowing out center vents. I can not find a bad place in vacuum line from engine, followed through T and into firewall, also checked one that runs under battery until it disappeared. Before I pull battery and box out, and before removing dash; Is there anything else I should check? Arms and connectors from actuator are moving by hand and not broken. Wait….. 🤦‍♂️Works fine with engine running to create vacuum. Leaving this here for education and humor. Yep, okay to laugh with me 😆
Sounds like something I would do :ROFLMAO: