Airbag cover surprise

Phuket

I noticed a small black spot on my airbag cover. I tried to clean it and surprisingly I found out that the cover original color is black (I guess safety reasons).
what do I do now? repaint on top (what spray number?) ? remove (might be difficult) and send to a professional car paint shop? it might send all the interior parts together to get a similar color? maybe I should paint the airbag cover with black spray and that's it?
if I am going to paint everything, maybe I should send also the door interiors that suffered through the years from the sun?

IMG_0808.JPG

IMG_0809.JPG

I'd just paint it. That interior paint if done right will usually hold up very well. Or you could just find a used replacement that matches.

Truthfully thought, http://car-part.com will have a cover that matches probably for a very cheap price.

I noticed a small black spot on my airbag cover. I tried to clean it and surprisingly I found out that the cover original color is black (I guess safety reasons).
what do I do now? repaint on top (what spray number?) ? remove (might be difficult) and send to a professional car paint shop? it might send all the interior parts together to get a similar color? maybe I should paint the airbag cover with black spray and that's it?
if I am going to paint everything, maybe I should send also the door interiors that suffered through the years from the sun?

View attachment 63280

View attachment 63281

I know this is old, but FYI for anyone else who stumbles upon this: I just discovered the same on my 97 SE. I know for a fact that it wasn't painted over by a previous owner. Strange that this would be true for just the airbag covers, and not any other interior pieces.

Last edited: