Airbag light and blower

UglyDuck

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
I have an intermittent airbag light. Usually after start up and soon after goes out.
I’m thinking clockspring

But…

I just noticed today, when it’s illuminated, the blower motor for the heat/air doesn’t work.

As soon as the airbag light goes out, blower works again.

Anyone able to enlighten me as to what’s going on here?

Thanks in advance

-Jason

It could be that there is an intermittent voltage drop that triggers the issue at the same time. Your blower stops working, airbag module complains for low voltage and throws the code; there may be other systems that have low voltage codes stored, they are just not triggering any lights. What I would do is to get a scanner that is able to read all the systems in the car and run a full scan. I know the YOUCANIC UCAN-II scanner is able to do it on a Jeep as I have used it before and then you will have a better idea of what is going on. Otherwise we are all guessing and I don't see replacing the clock spring if that is not the issue. I think in this case it is defentive low voltage issue, ground issue (not necessarly at the battery).

Last edited:
It could be that there is an intermittent voltage drop that triggers the issue at the same time. Your blower stops working, airbag module complains for low voltage and throws the code; there may be other systems that have low voltage codes stored, they are just not triggering any lights. What I would do is to get a scanner that is able to read all the systems in the car and run a full scan. I know the YOUCANIC UCAN-II scanner is able to do it on a Jeep as I have used it before and then you will have a better idea of what is going on. Otherwise we are all guessing and I don't see replacing the clock spring if that is not the issue. I think in this case it is defentive low voltage issue, ground issue (not necessarly at the battery).

I mean, maybe but the blower motor has been off for a while and this was happening without it being selected. Just happened to try the heat while the airbag light was on and noticed no air would flow. As soon as the light went out the blower worked again.