Airing down tips

Sure.. I did.

Maybe I should have said.. I have 33 x 12.5's on a 15x10..

Are you suggesting airing down to 5 psi on a non-beadlock 33 x 12.5, on a 15x10 wheel?
:oops:

I would think 10 psi would be fine. I'd try going down to 12 psi first, see if you lose a bead while wheeling. If not, try 10. It really depends on the wheels.

I had a 35 X 12.5 on Mickey Thompson Classic II wheels and I could go down to 9 and not lose a bead. Then I went to 37's on different wheels (17") and couldn't go below 11 psi.

In your situation, if I couldn't go down to 10, I'd get different wheels, 15X8. Mine isn't a DD though.

I would think 10 psi would be fine. I'd try going down to 12 psi first, see if you lose a bead while wheeling. If not, try 10. It really depends on the wheels.

I had a 35 X 12.5 on Mickey Thompson Classic II wheels and I could go down to 9 and not lose a bead. Then I went to 37's on different wheels (17") and couldn't go below 11 psi.

In your situation, if I couldn't go down to 10, I'd get different wheels, 15X8. Mine isn't a DD though.
I reset the Staun deflators to about 11-12 this morning. Unless it is really powdery sand the risk/reward doesn’t warrant going lower. I could always drop farther if the need arises and air back up once it makes sense.

I’ve been planning to change to an 8”. Just haven’t pulled the trigger.

I just said what I've done. If you decide to do something similar that's on you.
Wasn’t holding you feet to the fire, no disclaimer needed. Just clarifying.

Reactions: suicideking