Alignment tolerances

01TJ-Blues

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Ok you alignment gurus. I just installed the Currie Currectlync and was measuring toe in. I can get either zero to 1/16” or 1/4” with how the Currie tie rod has the bolt relief for the tie rod end clamps. Should I rotate one tie rod a full turn or is one of the two measurements above better than the other? I imagine you definitely want some toe in.

Any good advice is appreciated.

Could you get halfway between by disconnecting one end and spinning it 360°?
That’s what I mentioned above, if I rolled on then I could get half the difference. I was just curious more than anything if neutral was fine and if 1/4 was too much. That’s all

Try both and take a test drive. Every Jeep seems to be a bit different. But seem to fall in that range. For me 1/16" was better than 1/4", you may be different. Only takes a minute to adjust and go around the block. More important is to be certain you have the steering wheel centered dead on.

Reactions: 01TJ-Blues
Sounds like you're settled on 1/16, which is just fine.

Jerry himself posted on another forum about 10 years ago that the toe spec is 0.15 degrees +/- 0.15 degrees.

For a 33" tire (actual diameter 32.8) 1/16" of toe works out to .055 degrees. 1/4" of toe works out to .22 degrees.

Technically both are within spec.

1594311329259.png

Reactions: 01TJ-Blues
Ok you alignment gurus. I just installed the Currie Currectlync and was measuring toe in. I can get either zero to 1/16” or 1/4” with how the Currie tie rod has the bolt relief for the tie rod end clamps. Should I rotate one tie rod a full turn or is one of the two measurements above better than the other? I imagine you definitely want some toe in.

Any good advice is appreciated.

I'm far from a guru but I have to ask. Why can't both ends of the tie rod have the clamps loosened and the tie rod be adjusted to about 250 different tow in measurements between zero and 1/4"? (If it was possible to measure in 1000s of an inch)

I'm far from a guru but I have to ask. Why can't both ends of the tie rod have the clamps loosened and the tie rod be adjusted to about 250 different tow in measurements between zero and 1/4"? (If it was possible to measure in 1000s of an inch)
Late response on this one. The issue is that the Currectlync locking sleeve is keyed and turns with one side. If it isn’t either up or down it will hit and bind with other components.