All Terrain Gear winch motor breather kit

Blackjack

Evil Winch Doctor
Supporting Member
All Terrain Gear winch motor breather kits are now available. This kit allows you to fully seal a winch motor but still allow it to breath for deep water crossings as well as help with the corrosion some of the Warn winch motors are known for just from mother nature and car washes. This is achieved by using a "snorkel" bolt to replace the ground bolt on the winch motor and a length of tubing to move the air intake to under the hood and sealing the winch motor up.

The kit includes the snorkel bolt, o rings, tubing, zip ties and instructions. It does not include the under hood termination so the installer can choose how they want to run it. If you have an existing breather system for your axle and t-case you could add it there, add a fitting to your air box or use a simple lawn and garden fuel filter to finish it off.

This kit works with most Warn winch motors that are not already waterproof (ZEON and VRevo) and other winches the use a M8x1.25 motor ground bolt. I am working on a list of winches I can confirm this works on will be posting it here and on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/All-Terrain-Gear-111227391579371

Kits will run $30 plus postage. You can message me here or email [email protected]

motorbreatherkit.jpg

jmtsnorklebolt.jpeg

Last edited:
This is a nice, easy to install kit. My commutator and other internals were heavily rusted. It’s nice to know that won’t happen again after the rebuild. Thanks @Blackjack!

Reactions: PRNDL and Blackjack
Was asked about what winches these work on. These will work on most winches that use an M8x1.25 ground bolt.

Here is a list of Warn that I know they work on:
M8000/x8000i
xd9000/i
m10000
m12000
m15000
16.5ti
hs9500/i
9.5ti/cti
9.5xp
Magnum/Tabor
VR series Gen 1 and 2