Already regret the JKU

In 2015 I purchased a new Rubicon 2 door for my daughter. 6 speed manual. Tranny started having problems so we dropped it off under warranty. It was there from the middle of April till 2 weeks ago waiting on the manufacture of a tranny. Brought it home and the tranny is leaking. Will not be going back to that dealership. It is going to another and I think Chrysler will be on their ass. As they had to pay for a rental and it was a brand new JKU Sport. They were not happy upon return because my daughter treated it like she owned it. She added 4800 miles to it and wheeled the hell out of it. Lol.
I tried to talk her into a TJ or LJ but this JK caught her eye and she had to have it

Other than the tranny no problems

In 2015 I purchased a new Rubicon 2 door for my daughter. 6 speed manual. Tranny started having problems so we dropped it off under warranty. It was there from the middle of April till 2 weeks ago waiting on the manufacture of a tranny. Brought it home and the tranny is leaking. Will not be going back to that dealership. It is going to another and I think Chrysler will be on their ass. As they had to pay for a rental and it was a brand new JKU Sport. They were not happy upon return because my daughter treated it like she owned it. She added 4800 miles to it and wheeled the hell out of it. Lol.
I tried to talk her into a TJ or LJ but this JK caught her eye and she had to have it

Other than the tranny no problems

My wife had a TJ when we got married, but once the kids came along, it was just way too inconvenient for her.

Swapped for the JKU with a short stop in a 4runner.

Other than this transmission issue, everything has been fine.

Reactions: Ted
Stick to ‘11 or newer.

Most of the early issues were fixed by then.
2012 and newer had the penestar..was not a bad motor except for some of the earlier ones where there was some sand left in the head castings. The 07-11 motor really sucked, had it on my 08 minivan and it would "lose" (never saw any smoke) a quart per 1,000 miles since new. I could not believe it when the wife came home and said the oil light was on....it took 3.5 quarts to refill. Chrysler said it was WELL within their normal tolerance!!!

Reactions: Chris
2012 and newer had the penestar..was not a bad motor except for some of the earlier ones where there was some sand left in the head castings. The 07-11 motor really sucked, had it on my 08 minivan and it would "lose" (never saw any smoke) a quart per 1,000 miles since new. I could not believe it when the wife came home and said the oil light was on....it took 3.5 quarts to refill. Chrysler said it was WELL within their normal tolerance!!!
My bad- was thinking the engine change was in ‘11. I think it got the interior upgrade in 11 and the new motor in ‘12.

So far, we haven’t experienced the oil burning issues. Fingers crossed we’re spared that issue.