Alternative to National Throw Out Bearing 614093

I'm running the LUK polymer bearing. I read a lot about these going back to materials development in the late 1970's and concluded this was the better choice than the steel one everyone kept saying to get.

I replaced the clutch in my last TJ right before I sold it to my son-in-law 6 years ago. I used the Luk kit with the polymer TOB and it has had no problems. IMHO, all the hubbub about the so called "plastic" Luk TOB is garbage. I'll be replacing the clutch in my current TJ soon and I'll be using ALL the Luk parts.

Last edited:
Reactions: JMT
I am not indicating there is an issue with the LUK kit or TOB, I am just saying that I have a chirping with the clutch out. The video posted may explain the issue that I am having and it doesn't appear that any TOB will correct it. I will have to do some troubleshooting but what "may" correct it is replacing the fork, collar, and pivot point which is what I should have done when I replaced the clutch. So if anyone is reading this in future, I recommend watching that video "before" you replace your clutch and recommend that you replace those components at the same time as you replace the clutch.

X2^^, replace those parts while you are in there. I replaced just the fork and collar. My pivot point was in good shape.